Weekend thread

Wow Sean! Very glad to hear that this mishap worked out as well as it did. Certainly could have been a lot worse - good thing you think fast and keep a cool head.

More DC ductwork including spring loading some LV blastgates. Also did a bit of dog sitting for a neighbor, so he (Buddy) and my dog China kept me busy.

glad you are OK Sean!

good thinking about the death grip.......how did you make the call.... ;) :D

I'm still building a bandsaw......:thumb:

Stu,

I squeezed my arm so tight, it was barely bleeding at all. I also for the most part kept my arm elevated above my heart.... again basic first aid from the scouts.

While my left hand was in the death grip, my right hand was free. I was able to get my shop first aid kit, some first aid supplies we keep at home, and dial the phone.

Sean's accident reminds me that when I got my Tormek a part of the getting started kit were some bandaids since things would be so sharp that you would surely need them. I thought that was pretty funny. As it turns out those bandaids turned out to be pretty handy around the shop area. A bandaid would not have helped Sean but makes me think that I should add a couple of pads and some good tape for larger cuts that need pressure and maybe a tourniquet.

Sean's accident reminds me that when I got my Tormek a part of the getting started kit were some bandaids since things would be so sharp that you would surely need them. I thought that was pretty funny. As it turns out those bandaids turned out to be pretty handy around the shop area. A bandaid would not have helped Sean but makes me think that I should add a couple of pads and some good tape for larger cuts that need pressure and maybe a tourniquet.

Allen,

In a pinch duct tape can be used to hold a cut together until you can get stiches. It does basically the same thing as the Steri-Strips, it just isn't sterile.

Removed around 10 bushes from the front of the building. Then removed around 12 tons of dirt. There used to be two teirs in front that where in bad shape and a pain to mow. Next weekend we will finish cleaning it up, then start replanting.