Todays Kill

Randy Wynn

Hi All, it's been awhile. I've been working out of town. Just thought I'd post a few pix of some of the cherry I milled today, 4/4 X 10" X 11'. Very pretty stuff.:D

DSCF1502.jpg

DSCF1505-1.jpg

DSCF1506.jpg

Ok I can take a hint.

Ok, I can take a hint. Later :dunno: Recon a cat got your toungs but What Ever. I got some killer cherry and u all dont :rofl:

sorry randy

but last night when i saw it, i was tired and headed fer bed,,yup ya got sum purty cherry, if i see it clearly today it looks like you cut the log right threw the pith area:huh: one of those boards shows the center growth and the knots. but i havnt seen any streaking like that in cherry before where did the tree come from? anything specail about it life? got sum stuff i am gonna cut soon but still have a few more logs to gather..whats the widest you can saw?

Hi Randy,:wave:
That is some killer cherry. Good for you.
The only problem I see in having that wood is that it leads to about a solid month long project to do the wood justice. :eek: You better not cut any more unless you just want too:rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: .
Great find.
Shaz

I've used a fair bit of American cherry over the last couple of years, but none of it looked like that!

It just goes to confirm my suspicions that like the French and their wine, you guys keep the good stuff for yourselves!

Duncan

It must be great to have you own milling setup and have access to the raw materials that you do. I sure wish that I had more storage space so that I could buy enough of your stuff to make it worthwhile. We need a group of guys around the area that would be willing to order enough to make up a load and split it up.

M/C Unknown

Hi Jim Bergstrom, I haven't even put a moisture meter to it, it's fresh off the log green. Got two more logs of it to do tomorrow. It's all from the same tree so I hope it will be as pretty.:D

Ah. lots of time to decide then huh? :D

Sticker it then wait and see if you get an order or something like that?

I wouldn't make much if I was in your shoes because I would be tempted to hoard all the good stuff :eek: :dunno:

You'll have that from time to time

Yep, You'll have that from time to time. I have a tendency to "Grade" what comes off the mill. Theres a "MY Pile" and a "Their Pile" :rofl: I don't have time to use much though I just like to saw it :thumb: .

but last night when i saw it, i was tired and headed fer bed,,yup ya got sum purty cherry, if i see it clearly today it looks like you cut the log right threw the pith area:huh: one of those boards shows the center growth and the knots. but i havnt seen any streaking like that in cherry before where did the tree come from? anything specail about it life? got sum stuff i am gonna cut soon but still have a few more logs to gather..whats the widest you can saw?

Hi Larry merlau;42395, Yes it's just flat sawn. I can cut logs upto 31" and boards 24"wide and 23 feets long. I don't know anything about the tree, but I have sawn a bunch of'em and that is the wildest looking grain I have seen yet in cherry. It kinda fades as it dry's but I'm sure it will return with a finish.:D

Hi Larry merlau;42395, Yes it's just flat sawn. I can cut logs upto 31" and boards 24"wide and 23 feets long. I don't know anything about the tree, but I have sawn a bunch of'em and that is the wildest looking grain I have seen yet in cherry. It kinda fades as it dry's but I'm sure it will return with a finish.:D

yeah i have seen a fair amout cherry myself and havnt seen anything like what you have, it would definatly be put in the mine pile:D that will all come back after you finish it..:thumb: