A person needs to have fiber in their diet

Alan DuBoff

Former Member (by the member's request)
I think this is a pretty well known fact, but think about it...

I know that I start feeling bad if I'm not around good 'ol wood for a while...the smell of each variety, and aroma that is created by cutting open the fiber.

I need to work some wood today...I need more fiber, I think I'm getting too many minerals lately, mo' fiber is a good 'thang! :thumb: (gotta have SOME minerals though ;) )

Like everything in life, even wood needs something to balance with. Fiber and Mineral, it makes sense to me. After all, we couldn't work wood very well by using wood itself! :doh:

Turned out I mostly smelled titebond, but at least I got some fiber in my diet! :thumb:

Sounds like it was still enough to quell the shakes. ;) I know what you mean about wood withdrawal. I get cranky if I'm not occasionally doing something in the shop to some poor piece of wood. :p

Boy do I know what you mean...

I recently got a new job which allows me three day weekends. Still Fridays mean I have to watch our new baby girl (4 months old) and it seems there is a ton of stuff to do on Saturdays and Sundays. In short, I just don't get the time in my shop like I used to. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter very much, and I am sure that as she gets older, she will be in the shop with me, and that will be its own reward, but since she is so needy right now, I get a lot of shop withdrawls.

I know the other day there was a post about this place being for people that actually work wood, and not nearly talk about working wood. I know it was not directed at me personally, but lately I do feel like one of those people. The only thing I ask of people on here is to realize that I am indeed a Woodworker, not a Wood-Talker...I just have baby priorities right now.

travis, i have a 2 y/o that loves to come "help" in the shop:eek: ......he`s been around me in my enviornment since he was 2 days old......we stopped at the shop on the way home from the hospital........no worries man you`re chopping boards even if it`s not as much as YOU would like:) .....tod

Travis,
My son, DIL and 2 year old granddaughter live with us while they are finishing up there education. MY granddaughter loves to be with her "Papa" so except for weekends, when her Daddy keeps her occupied I can't do anything in the shop. Some day when she gets older she will be a great helper but for now I just smile and spend time with her. Enjoy em while you can.

Vaughn, I did get rid of the shakes, and feel pretty good this morning. :D (I guess this is afternoon for most folks ;) ).
Travis, I'm working on a workbench that I can put in a shed/office in my backyard. It will be where I do hand tool work, and I actually just got a tredle lathe I need to put together that is going in there as well. I really love my kids more than anything else, even woodworking...yeah, yeah, hate to say that, but it's true...as much as I get frustrated with them, I'm sure glad to have them. My daughter likes to mosey out to the shop, and we made cutting boards for Mother's day last year for my Wife, and both of their Grandmother's. My son did templates in photoshop and my daughter helped with the work, she seemed more interested then my son...

I sure like wood, always have, love to look it, work it, touch it, smell it, and appreciate it. I would be very happy living in something like one of the ultimate bungalows, Greene & Greene (and the Hall Bros.) are my idols. What nice stuff...and for anyone interested in that stuff, Robert Lang's book is fantastic which he just came out with on Greene & Greene. One of the best for woodworkers I've seen, bar none. I highly reccomend it! I got my signed copy recentely!