EBay amusement

Jeff Horton

Watching a 10hp 3 phase motor on EBay. Wanted to buy it for a Phase converter. Starting bid was $40 but it had to add $50-$60 in gas to drive and get it. Figured it wouldn't bring much so I prepared my bid at $46. Watched motor like this go cheaper a few times. But so far I have had no luck finding one locally.

Well there must be a bunch of people in Atlanta that want/need to build phase converter. 5 minutes to go and it just jumped to $66. To high for me. And it is the one piece I need to build my converter too. Lets go watch and see what it brings.

DARN $81.22 and 2 minutes to go. We snippers haven't even hit it yet.

91.22 and 1 minute 30 seconds. Time for the snipping to begin!

$95.99

101.00 and 20 seconds

SOLD $101.00. Someone wanted it worse than me! Well not really. I was willing to put a $100 in it but that had to include gas. So I guess it really didn't bring that much if it was a local that bought it.

Well, the hunt goes on.

But Stu, I would have had spent $50 to $60 in gas too. So t hen we are talking $150+, plus 5 hours drive. I know where a brand new 15hp is for $100. But my design is for a 10hp. I think I know where some new 10hp are for $200 but I know there is cheaper ones around. Just got to find it!

Local industrial scrap yard quoted me $40 or so if they got one. So there is cheaper one around. I just have to wait on them. Something I am not good at. :eek:

Jeff