I guess I'm destined to be a production turner.......

I got a phone call from my brother......So you're turning now?........In the mail I got a package.....1 plastic couch leg with stud...........Yesterday I bought the materials.......14 oak couch legs to go.........Other than the diameter and length.........Won't be much of a challenge...........Photos to follow when the project's done.....

Last edited:
And to think not long ago

you had no lathe at all,, see the gods knew you were the chosen one:D and now yee must follow in those before you:D i am still a heathen ken and i am savun my stuff that will need to be turned for you as well:D :rofl:

Ken you are either going to have to learn to say no or start giving them a price. :rofl: :rofl:

By the way Nancy said her Woodtek lathe enabled her to start turning bowls. Funny thing is haven't seen any bowls yet. :eek: :D :rofl:

I needed a replacement leg for one of our couches last weekend...I should have called you, Ken. :roolleyes:

Since it was a back leg, out of sight, I stacked scrap lumber to make a block of wood about 4" x 6", and as high as the leg was long, and just screwed the block of wood to the bottom of the couch. :rofl:

This may not be the place to post this but I just emailed this photo to my brother for his critique.....If he and the LOHL like it....only 13 more.....

l2.jpg