Walnut Potpourri Pot

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
This little piece of walnut started as a hollow form, but the opening warped enough while drying that it ended up bigger than I wanted, so I enlarged it a bit more to fit a potpourri pot lid. It's about 4" wide by 2 1/2" tall.

I finished it with Antique Oil inside and out, and buffed with tripoli and white diamond, then Renaissance Wax. This piece of walnut has some nice figure to it, but in hindsight, I turned it upside down. The bottom has the best grain of the whole piece. (At least the inside looks very nice.)

HF021 - 02 800.jpg HF021 - 03 800.jpg

As always, your thoughts, comments, and critiques are welcome.

Vaughan very nice. Do you have a flat spot on the bottom or does the bowl spin on the round bottom? Nice curves to the bowl .
Ken
Thanks for the compliment, Ken. It doesn't show very well in the picture, but the bottom has a flat foot (concave, actually) that's about 5/8" in diameter.

I think I got it from Penn State, but they are definitely all coming from the same factory in Asia. ;) I picked up four of them last year, and this is the second one I've used. I think I'll just wait to use the remaining ones until I have another HF where the opening gets too big.