A few projects to catch up on................#4 the steam shower

Mark Rios

This is the super-duper steam shower that I posted about a few weeks ago:

Here the old shower has been removed, wall repair finished and painted, and plumbing and electrical rerouted....

111steamshower1.jpg

This pic is of the unit just slid into place. You just hook up the hot and cold water supply, two electrical hardwire connections, the drain and the optional phone line and stereo connections:

111steamshower2.jpg

This thing has everything, even "Light Therapy". Way up in the upper right hand corner you can see one of the four LED lights that rotate between three different colors. Also, this pic only shows one of the two seats for the "Scottish shower". The twelve jets that you see go on in sets of four, from top to bottom AND they alternate between hot and cold water. You can have water sprayed on you from EVERY direction. :rolleyes: The instructions are a bad translation from chinese to english but it's not too had to figure out with a little patience.Antoher thing, you may have been able to tell from the above pics but, thing also has a full Jacuzzi tub.

111steamshower3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'm guessing a rig like that's not cheap, but I'd sure like to have one to try out. Thanks for posting the pics, Mark.

Hi Mark, :wave:
it has got to be nice working with clients that can test that stuff out for us.:D Maybe 10 years from now with the highly improved and dramatically recuced price I will have everybody over to my place for a full body shower..:rofl: Thanks for the update, never seen anything like it!:eek:
Shaz

This one was $5800 and some change, delivered. That doesn't include my labor to prep the bath and to assemble and install the unit. Total was around 8. The owner however, likes nice, quality things and actually has a health need for some of the functions that this unit provides.

There are other, less expensive units available though.

Sounds like the real estate business has been very good to your customer. ;) I wish I had that kind of remodeling budget. :)