Dad's Day Present to Myself - Wixey Angle Gauge

glenn bradley

My dad and I both received our Wixey angle gauge today (present to both of us from me for Dad's Day). Very simple to use. Solid little product and as usual, Barry and Cora are a joy to do business with.

I have had their DRO on my DW734 planer for quite awhile and have become addicted to it. I think I have finally gotten to the point where I stop double checking it with calipers.

Attachments

• Wixey Angle Gauge.jpg
    Wixey Angle Gauge.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 28
Congrats on the new tool, Glenn. I've been eyeing one of those, but don't know if I can justify it right now, since 99.9% of my cuts are 90 degrees, and I just use a drafting triangle fto set up the saw. I also don['t know if the 0.5 degree sensitivity is close enough for what I'd need. I'll be interested in seeing your comments after you use it a little while.

Congrats on the new tool, Glenn. I've been eyeing one of those, but don't know if I can justify it right now, since 99.9% of my cuts are 90 degrees, and I just use a drafting triangle fto set up the saw. I also don['t know if the 0.5 degree sensitivity is close enough for what I'd need. I'll be interested in seeing your comments after you use it a little while.

If it helps the Beall version (now sold by Lee Valley as of the catalog I got today) is the same price and goes to .05.

I'll post a "now that I've used it awhile" post later on just to be sure I'm not "new toy" giddy. ;-)