My first video shop tour

Very nice set-up, Sascha. You've got less space than I do, but more tools and more room. Thanks for posting the links. :thumb:

it took me 5 shop remodels to get to this point. moving some aquarium stuff out of there was one part, water heater and such was also great.
i used to have the table saw facing the other way, with the lathe right bihind the infeed side.
here is a link to my old shop layout after I had already turned around the saw area

http://www.pbase.com/saschagast/woodshop_old_setup

and the link to my new pics , how it is today

http://www.pbase.com/saschagast/shop_update_52307

it's a labor of love i tell ya

Sascha, first, let me welcome you to the family, great to see you here! :wave:

Great shop you have there, not the largest, but well set up and organized, and it helps you can just open the door, and have total access.

Thanks for the tour, I hope others will do one too!

Your outside shed for the cyclone and the compressor is great, you say you are going to not bother with the filter on your cyclone and just vent outside.

With the noise bug your neighbors?

Oh yeah, I saw the cigar ashtray, but I did not see a humidor :huh:

I too like a good smoke in my Dungeon!

Again, thanks for the tour! :thumb:

one of my first projects when everything is hooked up will be a large, cooled cabinet humidor. I am thinking of something to hold 1000-1500 cigars.
right now I am using a 28 bottle wine cooler, 2 100 count humidors, one of them diy and a large Igloo cooler. you can check out my link here

http://www.pbase.com/saschagast/my_love_for_cigars

happy smoking to you as well my Botl

VERY nice collection

Do I see some Fuente Fuente Opus X cigars in there? :D :thumb:

I get Cubans here, and some a great for sure, but I'm really liking the better Dominican, and Nicaraguan cigars of late.

Cheers!

Very nice tour and shop.
You have about as much room as myself. Difference being you are better organized.

good job of organization and good choice in tools.

i have one question about the lathe chisel storage. when i tried to store chisels on a magnetic bar like you are doing they picked up some magnetism....duh. of course, they then 'stick' to the tool rest and i found that clumsy. that set up lasted about one day and i demagnitized them and dropped that idea.
any others using magnetic bars out there? what is your experience with the tool sticking to the tool rest and not moving sideways easily??

That's a great looking shop Sascha. :thumb:
Thanks for the tour

Welcome to the family :wave:

DT

Great tour Sascha. It is obvious that a lot of thought went into the layout.

I’d like to hear your opinion on the General drum sander when you get some time on it. I’m thinking about upgrading from my Delta 18X36 and the General is on the short list. I'm kinda leaning toward the Woodmaster 2675 but I’m not sure if I have enough amperage for it.

And, welcome to FWW!

Sascha,
Welcome aboard, and wow, that is one really cool shop tour! I'll have to figure out how to do video, one of my cameras has that capacity, just have to read the manual. :eek:

I hope that Marty's pipe thread helped with your DC piping.

well thank you guys, what a welcome.

the shop is finally where i want it:D

in regards drumsander...........i first drove by a cigar shop in studio city to buy a few opus X and Tatuaje cigars and after that I thought, "hey< Eagle tools is not too far from here"

So I drove there and 45minutes later I had a General drumsander. I did at some point consider the woodmaster and ordered the brochure, but they had on tiny piece of paper on the sander and about 200 pages on that darn molder/planer/sander and what not.
That actually made me a little mad. just send what I ask, but oh well, the General as cheaper and I love it.
if I can ever do a widebelt, I'll get a 50" model, until then, this will do just fine, an amazing machine