Family Woodworking

It is a good name "Family Woodworking".
The Children know the computer, so we must reach them with our joy of wood working. Where are the projects of real excitement for the children in this realm? They are "beginning woodworkers" but their ideas are exciting. Let us consider what we can offer them at our level of expertise, yet their level of knowledge. Safely first.
Shaz

We want to make a "Kids Korner" of some kind, a place to show off what the kids are doing, what they did and how it was done so other kids can give it a go too. Designs, plans and ideas as well.

I know this was talked about, but in the haste and busy times to get this place up and running, I guess we forgot.

We shall certainly look into setting this up.

I know my two girls would love to see what other kids are making.

Guess I'll hafta dust off the birdhouse, bathouse plans

One of the first things I made from wood was a Barbie doll couch for my sisters. I made it with a handsaw, nails, and some crate wood, back when produce came in wooden crates. There's a lot of little things a kid could make from 1/4" stock with a saw, a bit of glue, and some finishing nails.

I'd think we could come up with a variety of plans and ideas for kid projects.

One of the first things I made from wood was a Barbie doll couch for my sisters.
Vaughn, you had me scared for a second, then I read the rest of the post. Man don't do that to me early in the morning! My sisters had them too, but I did not build for them as they got Dad to buy them what they wanted. You know, a smile and a "please Daddy" worked every time.

It is amazing what the kids can do with scraps of wood and with their own idea and if when they are done they are "beaming" then success has struck them a "good" blow. We as adults need be careful to never take that "glow" of pride away,( I am sure guilty of it and it hurts once you see the change of attitude) even if you just don't "get it" with what they made. Pleased to see interest in this area of our profession.
Shaz