free wood I'm declining

free wood

You said his mind is still sharp. He will be down and maybe not thinking right for a while. You might offer to lease his shop and all contents for a year to keep it intact. At that time he should be able to make a better decision on what to do.
Just an idea,
Mark

Mark, I think you missed the fact that this is an older thread. Frank's friend recently passed away.

My sincere condolences, Frank.

Frank, I am sorry about your friend.

I hope you are helping his widow to get a fair price for his tools and leftover wood.

I hope someone will do that for me after I am gone.

I find as I get older, that reading these tales affects me more and more.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Sounds like it was a touching and meaningful service.

Sincerely,

Brent

Thanks all. In this retirement town, we have an amazing variety of equally amazing people who leave 'stuff' behind when they pass. The usual course of action is the children come and take most of what has value. The rest gets either donated or sold at auction. Rarely do friends get an opportunity to help dispose of or offer to buy. There is the occasional garage sale with some real treasures but it is hard to drive around to them all every week. Len's widow hasn't called me even though I offered to help. I'm not surprised.