Lets see your corner shelves/cabinets.

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
I'm about to build a part closed, part open corner shelf thingy to put above my corner sit down station. I want to put the 20" TV and music set up behind doors.
One side will be longer than the other because of the window configuration.
The short side has a fuse box I can build up to, above and under but not over. I'll have to put a frame around it if I plan to support one shelf under it.
I want the center section to come out far enough to house the TV etc. but coming out on either side of that I want the shelves 15" deep.

Lets see what you did to make that corner useful. :huh:

DT

Well Don sorry I really can't help you much on this one I wish I could. My TV set on a shelf in the NE corner above the air compressor & next to it on the E. wall is a cabinet with 2 doors in the upper 2/3's & a third drop down door across the bottom that has the VCR & DVD & small stereo in it. One thing I am sure you already thought of is plexi glass doors. I don't think I would want glass doors unless your sure that it is up & away from harms way. I have small plexi glass rounds inset into the door with plastic mirrors to bounce the signal off of for the remotes to the VCR & DVD because the cabinet is off to the right & about 10'- 12' away from my bench I can bounce the signal off the mirror & through the plexi glass & hit either the VCR or DVD.

An Infra Red signal will not go through the wall. There are some remotes that are RF and they might get through, however the majority are the IR kind. Sorry for the bad news!

I have the Shopfox one & it goes through fire barrier sheet rock plastic siding & regular sheet rock on a 2x4 wall as did the Long Ranger I used to have. I have even turned the DC on from in front of the building with the LOML making faces at me through the offic window because she thought I was in the shop until she looked up & saw me at the window & that is through 2 such walls because I turned it on before I got to the window. 2 walls & about 18' - 20' of distance 12' between the office walls the Long Ranger would do the same.

Most newer infa-ray remotes will reach 50' thru walls. This what is used in satelite systems and mine has a t.v. down stairs that works fine thru the remote.

I have the Long Ranger. Sometimes I forget to take unclip it from my pocket and when I set down in my room it hits the button and turns on my DC through one sheet rock wall and one storage cabinet. Total distance is about fourty feet.

Sorry Don, I do not have any kind of corner cabinet set up that is worthwhile.

Last edited: