Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Seeking advice about the Rockler Drill Press Table

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,332

    Seeking advice about the Rockler Drill Press Table

    I am thinking about purchasing a drill press table from Rockler (see: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10163) for use with my Delta 16.5 inch Variable Speed drill press. I would appreciate hearing any pros and cons that would influence my decision.
    Cheers, Frank

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Ocean State
    Posts
    170

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ozarks
    Posts
    4,992
    frank, my vote goes to a piece of scrap mdf or baltic....you won`t be worried about shooting or screwing jigs -n-fixtures to a piece of scrap.......tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    frank, my vote goes to a piece of scrap mdf or baltic....you won`t be worried about shooting or screwing jigs -n-fixtures to a piece of scrap.......tod
    Tod, that is what I have been using and I am sure will still use for some jobs even if I buy the table. I am looking for something that will handle most jobs with less set-up and fiddling around.
    Cheers, Frank

  5. #5
    Frank

    check out Grizzly

    http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7827


    Can't hardly buy the parts for that price

    Jay

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Knoll View Post
    Frank

    check out Grizzly

    http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7827


    Can't hardly buy the parts for that price

    Jay
    Thanks, but Grizzly will not ship to Canada.
    Cheers, Frank

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    507
    I bought the Rockler table earlier this summer. Since I'm not into building all my own fixtures (that's a whole other subject) I decided to pick up this fairly inexpensive kit. So far I like it. One thing I have noticed is that you can't tighten the knobs and handles too much because the sliding slots are made from the MDF. I would buy the top again if needed.
    Jim

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young View Post
    I bought the Rockler table earlier this summer. Since I'm not into building all my own fixtures (that's a whole other subject) I decided to pick up this fairly inexpensive kit. So far I like it. One thing I have noticed is that you can't tighten the knobs and handles too much because the sliding slots are made from the MDF. I would buy the top again if needed.
    Thanks Jim, it's good to hear from someone who has actually used the table. I was wonering if anyone had? Did you get the dust control attachment? If so, how do you like it?
    Cheers, Frank

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow View Post
    Did you get the dust control attachment? If so, how do you like it?
    Nope. Since the drill press only produces chips I and the time spent at that tool is limited I felt like the DC port wasn't needed. If I used it for sanding I may have considered it.
    Jim

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young View Post
    Nope. Since the drill press only produces chips I and the time spent at that tool is limited I felt like the DC port wasn't needed. If I used it for sanding I may have considered it.
    I find that chips get in the way when I am drilling so, if I buy the thing, I will probably spring for the vacuum attachment as well.
    Cheers, Frank

Similar Threads

  1. Drill press table
    By Tom Baugues in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 05:58 AM
  2. Drill Press Table
    By Roy Bauman in forum Jigs and Fixtures
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 07:04 AM
  3. Drill Press Advice needed for Turning ??
    By Dan Mosley in forum General Woodturning Q&A
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
  4. Drill Press Table Add-on
    By glenn bradley in forum Jigs and Fixtures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 10:48 AM
  5. Drill press table???
    By Chuck Beland in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •