New Yankee Workshop new episodes?

Wes Billups

I was just wondering if anyone has heard what the 2008 NYW episodes are going to be. Their webcam is running and it looks like Norm is going to spend all season building kitchen cabinets.

Thanks,
Wes

I hope Norm has stopped using a cross-hand hold when cutting with his compound sliding miter saw. I stopped watching after seeing that a couple times.

Frank,

I hadn't noticed that before. :dunno: Where exactly is he putting his hands? I can't quite picture it.....but it doesn't sound too safe.

Just a thought, Maybe he is doing it to give the camera a better view. Just like how they say that the guards have been removed to make the cuts easier to film.:huh:

Frank,

I hadn't noticed that before. :dunno: Where exactly is he putting his hands? I can't quite picture it.....but it doesn't sound too safe.

Just a thought, Maybe he is doing it to give the camera a better view. Just like how they say that the guards have been removed to make the cuts easier to film.:huh:

Left hand holding wood steady on right side of blade.
Bothers me about the same as some bad habits on a shooting range. I can get real unfriendly when that happens.
IMHO, Norm is setting a bad example.

Left hand holding wood steady on right side of blade.
Bothers me about the same as some bad habits on a shooting range. I can get real unfriendly when that happens.
IMHO, Norm is setting a bad example.

I had to put my hands in that position to fully grasp it..... that is highly uncomfortable to me, even without a saw present. For all the money Norm spends on tools and gadgets you would think he would have a hold down clamp or some jig for doing that safely.

Maybe he just doesn't like his left hand very much.:dunno:

Oh and my trigger finger is resting on the outside of the trigger guard until i'm ready to shoot.:thumb: