ANGLE DIMENSIONS

Les, SketchUp doesn't have a native angle dimensioning tool. You can measure angles with the protractor tool and then draw in the arc and use leader text to enter the angle. Hold the Alt key and type 0176 on the numeric keypad on the right end of your keyboard. that will give you the degree sign (°).

There is a plugin that was available to create the angle text but I'll have to look for it and see if it is still around.

I'll let you know.

Thanks Dave I didn't think I could. I can use straight line dimensions to get the job done. I can also use leader lines with text also as soon as I
figure out how to make leader lines. I know that can be done. when I saw
your post about how to make a degree sign it got me to thinking.

Here it is. http://www.crai.archi.fr/RubyLibraryDepot/Ruby/dim_angle.rb
Stick that file in your Plugins folder and then open SketchUp. Select Angular dimension from the Tools menu. Click on an end point, then the vertex and finally the other end point. You have to go around the angle in sort of a clockwise direction to get it to work right.

The leader text is accessed by clicking on the tool with ABC on it. That tool is in the toolbar with the Tape Measure tool. Then you have to click on some geometry to set the arrow head for the leader. The script basically does all that for you automatically.

Last edited: