1 trip down another to go.

Bart Leetch

My old 78 F250 & I shook rattled & rolled 185 miles to my Dad's & back I left last Wednesday & came back Sunday with the Craftsman 100 series 10" Table-saw, C-Man Jointer Dad purchased about the same time frame, 10" C-Man RAS from the early 60's & a air compressor + a few boxes of misc. tools & a whole set of dishes. The next trip I will bring the Bellsaw planer & 2 shapers home & ????? what ever else Dad can figure out to shove into my truck.

My old F250 6 cylinder didn't miss a beat. When I got ready to leave & hit the gas peddle twice & then turned the motor over it just turned over & started Dad's eye brows went up & he said not bad. I told him it wasn't like this when I got it.

We are going through the belongings from 2 lives my Dad's & Step moms 50+ years worth of both lives & getting things down to where everything will fit into a 1188 sq. ft. manufactured home.

I'll be going down again on Wednesday.

I'm sure it is a bittersweet experience. I had to clean out my mother's house when she went into the nursing home. And later dispose of her belonging we put into storage after she passed away. I can understand some of the emotions you are going through. But, I betcha your dad is happy you will be using his tools.

It is nice that the tools are going to a good home. Is your shop going to be able to hold it all?

Al I have already stored everything accept a bench grinder & the hand tools in my storage space. I won't be able to use these tool until I get into a bigger shop. Accentually I have doubled all my big tools 2 Table-saws 2 6" jointers 2 RAS both Dads 12" which I already had & now his 10" actually 3 air compressors 2 oil & 1 dry. I have a portable planer but will put the Bellsaw in the shop & put the 2 shapers in storage where I can get to them if I want to.