Hello - remember me??

frank, earth makes several different sizes, we heated an entire 3600ft farm house with one......no back-up heat what-so-ever.

I am looking more at something like this - less trouble with insurance and the ability to throw the heat outside in the summer so that it can still be used for waste disposal.

http://www.talbotts.co.uk/trange.htm

All a bit in the future anyway but on the basis that disposing of offcuts costs about £1000 - £1200 a year it may not be that distant.

OK Tod, a bigger version would certainly do the job. I grew up in an apartment over my Dad's hardware store in Hearst Ontario and we heated both the store and apartment with two large woodstoves which were much less efficient than the earth stove. My guess is that the total area heated was about 5000 square feet. Hearst is far far north of Toronto and the temperatures in the winter often would stay below -40 (which is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit) for days at a time.

Sorry for going off topic on this Ian.

I am looking more at something like this - less trouble with insurance and the ability to throw the heat outside in the summer so that it can still be used for waste disposal.

http://www.talbotts.co.uk/trange.htm

All a bit in the future anyway but on the basis that disposing of offcuts costs about £1000 - £1200 a year it may not be that distant.
Ian, you are not going to be able to watch a pretty fire with that :( , but it certainly will do the job that you want it to do. :thumb:

Hi, Ian. Glad to see you're still ALIVE and Kickin'.:D I'm also glad to hear that your "Booming Business" is what's been keeping you so Quiet, as I was afraid you'd just taken the Ferry to Oostende for a little Saturday Night Spree, and forgot to catch the Ferry Back, :doh: OR... one of their Genmdarmes and his (not so friendly dog) still had you "Treed" up a back alley somewhere there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congratulations on getting the new "Space", and so close to the present one too, which sure helps ease the logistics of the move.:thumb: Keep us updated when you have time.

Here are the pictures so far - nothing much to see - concrete floor - brick wall - steel frame - profiled steel cladding.

Roof line is 11' 6" at eaves 15' at the ridge. 12' wide roller shutter door
View attachment 9928
View attachment 9929
View attachment 9930
View attachment 9931

The one thing that this definitely isn't is a studio :D (Marty's shop is looking nicer than my house!!)

Hey there Ian!

Glad you found the time to stop by and chat! We've been wondering how you were doing...hoping everything was ok! :thumb:

Nice new shop space you're gonna have there. Although I wouldn't want to have to move...equipment, stock, etc...and then try to get used to where everything is! :dunno:

As for my shop, heck...it's looking better than MY house! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck with the move...congrats on the booming business...and stop by more often...

Cheers!
- Marty -

Always good to hear your voice. ????

Richard

Thanks Richard ????

Anyway - some mixed news - for a variety of complicated reasons, which all boil down to money (as does too much of life unfortunately) I am not now moving "house" as it were. I will be staying in my existing shop but have decided to spend some time and money over the winter reorganising and maximising the potential of the existing shop. Basically this will save me a big wad (big!!) of dough over the next 12 months and I will think again about space etc this time next year.

Sorry that this means that I won't have quite as much to share but I will try and post some information about the changes as I go along. Maybe when I get the changes made I will find time to post a proper shop tour as well.

Ian,

I find that things happen for a reason. Perhaps you just weren't meant to move...yet. :dunno:

Maximize your current space, and then show us all your tricks for getting the most with what you have to work with! ;)

Cheers...
- Marty -