1957 Delta/Rockwell Shaper, full restored - $400 (Not Mine)

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
Reply to: sale-354002651@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-06-17, 11:17AM EDT

1957 Delta/Rockwell Shaper, full restored - $400

I don't have room for this machine anymore. I bought it as a pair with my tablesaw when I opened my woodworking shop. I completely disassembled and re-worked both machines, I have since moved my shop back home and can't fit the shaper in the garage.

Single Phase wwired for 220/240

It comes with lots of original shaper cutters, and has a 1/2" ,3/4", 3/4" adapts to a 1" spindles.

http://websearch.about.com/gi/dynam...u=http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

DSCF1215.jpg

DSCF1216.jpg

DSCF1227.jpg

DSCF1228.jpg

I figured someone would grab this one. :thumb:

DT

I've never used a shaper, so this might be a dumb question. Why is the table so big? Specifically behind where the fence mounts. I though shapers were always used with a fence inplace. Would you ever use a shaper without a fence? To me it seems dangerous given the size of the cutters used. Unlike most router tables it doesn't appear that you can adjust the fence backward away from the cutter head. :dunno:

sean, there`s many times when a person will affix jigs-n-fixturers to a shapers table instead of using the fence. the shaper, as with a router makes a fantastic pattern cutting machine, only instead of using a 3/4" bit with 1"-1-1/2" cutting length you use a straight cutter and rub coller. the back side of the table is also a great place for mounting a feeder.....tod

sean, there`s many times when a person will affix jigs-n-fixturers to a shapers table instead of using the fence. the shaper, as with a router makes a fantastic pattern cutting machine, only instead of using a 3/4" bit with 1"-1-1/2" cutting length you use a straight cutter and rub coller. the back side of the table is also a great place for mounting a feeder.....tod

Thanks Tod :thumb:

Does a rub coller work the same as a bearing on a router bit?