Turned my first...

Ed Nelson

Euro pen. I decided to take some time tonight for some personal satisfaction. This is my first step away from the slimline style. The wood is ambrosia maple. What do you think?

IMG_0031.jpg

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun! It has been pointed out on another forum that I did make a mistake on this pen. Can you guys see what it is?

Ed,

I'm not a pen turner, but is the ferule (? I think that is what it is called) on the cap on backwards?

It looks great in any event, those guys on the other forum are picky!

Jay

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun! It has been pointed out on another forum that I did make a mistake on this pen. Can you guys see what it is?

You really want it pointed out? The centerband is on backwards. The worst part is you are the first person in history to do this. :D ;)
Unless you glued it on really securly, this might be correctable.
Other than that, nice job. You will enjoy the Euro, it is a consistent good seller.

You got it. I was wondering why there was a chamfer between the CB and upper part of the pen:doh: Oh well! It is for ME to use and I can live with it.

...The centerband is on backwards. The worst part is you are the first person in history to do this. :D ;) ...
Yeah, I'd never make a mistake like that.
pinocchio.gif
whistling.gif

At least your cap is turned to the right diameter. I've done them with the ring backwards and the cap turned to the wrong diameter because I used the wrong bushing.

A few months ago, I wanted to give the mailroom guy at work a pen, as a thank you for all the boxes of turning wood he's schlepped to my office. So I brought in my pen box with a dozen or so pens in it, and told him to take his pick...anything in the box was on the house. Of course he picks up one of the backwards and too-small models (acrylic, no less) and says that's the one he wanted. Even after I pointed out that it was wrong in more ways than one, that was the one he wanted. :rolleyes:

I was not going to say anything :D

I did worse than that on my first Eruo, I made the top part all the same diameter as the tenon the ring goes on, looked like the pen was on a diet or something :eek:

Your little mistake, and the nice wood are WAY better than my first Euro (no pics, didn't happen, right ;))

Cheers!