Ideas needed for Kid's BDay Party

Jim Young

My youngest daughter is getting a birthday party this year to celebrate her 10th birthday. Since now adays it has become a standard to send the attendees home with a gift bag I thought I would make a couple of things for them. So far I thought of bracelets and magic wands. Can anyone think of anything alse that may be of interest to small girls?

Are you talking about stuff you make yourself, or stuff you buy?

For store bought stuff, the 10 year old girls here love stickers, you can usually buy them in sheets of 10 or 20, they are cheap. They have a lot of different kinds of stickers, from whatever cartoon is popular to just cute things.

Also pencils and such are a HUGE hit here.

If you are looking for an activity you can do, and then the girls can take home, try something like cutting a star, about 2" wide out of say 1/4" plywood, you can stack 4 at once and cut them on your scroll saw, then sand them a bit, and drill a hole in one star point. Give the girls some colored markers, and some of that glue stuff with the glitter in it, and let them decorate the stars, put their names on the back etc. Now show them how to braid a necklace for the star, you can used various colored bits of yarn etc if you like.

Make the markers the washable kind if you are going to buy them, that way you don't have to worry (too much :rolleyes:) about someone getting marker on a nice shirt or something.

Just a few ideas! :wave:

My youngest daughter is getting a birthday party this year to celebrate her 10th birthday. Since nowadays it has become a standard to send the attendees home with a gift bag I thought I would make a couple of things for them. So far I thought of bracelets and magic wands. Can anyone think of anything else that may be of interest to small girls?

Couple years ago for my then five-year-old's birthday I cut up some scraps of wood into random shapes. Then we bought a bag of wooden letters at the craft store (Michael's I think), and the kids glued them on to make their own name plates. There were also some other little wooden doodads in the bag for decorating. I then drilled in a simple hanging hole.

Another suggestion: bandsaw an interesting shape from 2x stock and drill some 3/8" holes in it for a pen/pencil holder. My wife still has a wooden whale that she got as such when she was a little girl.

iPods, Next time I see you Matt I'm gonna smack you:D

I was refering to the gifts you put in the party bag, which they take with them after the party. As for bought items I agree the stamps are always a big hit. My question is to what to make for them. Reading through the thread gave me another idea thoug, spinning top with the marker as the tip.

The bandsaw animal is a good idea though. Made a few for my daughter a while back and she does like them. maybe I can get her to help make them.

What about flowers, curls from using a hand plane, and something to the effect of a vase? The curls could be used very decoratively while stabilizing the flower in the vase or whatever you might use.

:huh: What little kid would refuse a cute little bunny?
100_3483.jpg

Next time you are over I might send one home with you....or maybe not

:rofl: