Router collar guides

Al killian

My wife and kids bought me a CMT DT for fathers day and as par the provided collar did not fit my base style.:( I then bought a new base, but did not think to order guide collars to go with it. Now I need to get a set so the jig can get used. The new sub base uses PC style guides. What brand and where did you buy yours? Rockler and Woodcraft have different sets wiht a big price difference and I am not sure which is a better choice. The money is really tight on this so the cheaper the better.

PC Router Collar

Al,
I found that the steel set loosened up too easily.
So purchased a brass set, the second time around. :huh:
Have drilled small pin holes in them, to help with tightening; using a gadget that is used to place in the pin holes - looks like a hair pin.
Also brass set doesn't destroy cutters if they become loose.
Daniel :rolleyes:

Al,
I found that the steel set loosened up too easily.
So purchased a brass set, the second time around. :huh:
Also brass set doesn't destroy cutters if they become loose.
Daniel :rolleyes:
Ditto on the brass (10 pc set from Woodcraft)
Try one wrap of teflon tape on the threads. Will keep it from loosening up and aids in taking it off again.:)

Understanding the money-matters, don't go bargain basement. On DT jigs a poorly machined guide bushing can be your worst enemy. You'll curse your jig in error and waste more in material than you would have spent for good guides. DAMHIKT. I bought 'good' ones just for the DT jig. For less critical use my cheap-o's are fine.

Thanks all for your help. I will look at the links and check them out.

Glenn, Which ones do you use on your dt jig? You are right that about the quality issue. I just want to find a good set the will do the job without haveing to pay top shelf prices.