Amish Customs

Hey is that Squirt checking out the saw???

Yup...Squirt is cool. Still puppy enough that she does that grunting thing when you pick her up. And she's showing some shopdog traits that our german shepherd doesn't have. I might have to build a bed for her in the shop near the woodburner.;)

Here's a couple of pictures of the upstairs. It's 1500 square feet and has a 12 foot ceiling. I still don't know what I'm going to do with it. Any ideas?
View attachment 984
View attachment 985
I'll add to Art's storage suggestion - This looks like a great man cave-office-air drying-couch for meditating on design issues-TV for NYW reruns-magazine & books-forum contribution room.:)

Seems I have a lot of ideas for a single room that is larger than my entire home! Whatever you do with it, I'm happy for you to have such "problems" to deal with.;)

John, all I can add is WOW. That is exactly the type of spot I will look for in about 8 years. The LOML will not allow a cold weather spot, but I may pursaude her if she gets what she wants, which is more west so she is closer to her family. Back to your slice of heaven, I am green with envy over your shop building and look forward to seeing that massive lathe come true. Best of luck and keep the posts coming, we love a good story with a happy middle and ending.

Evidently, he used his pneumatic tools to do a lot of work in the house, because there were several hoses that could reach most anywhere. He even had one coming up through the floor to the dining room.

There you go, just hook up the air hose, open the windows and BLAST the house clean. No vacuuming needed. Better close the drawers and hide the newspaper first... :thumb:

Hmm, I just checked out where middlefield is on maps.google.com and I see that you're only about 2hrs drive directly south of me... except for that durn lake in the way. So much for a drooling visit... :D

I cleaned the shop!!

I spent the day yesterday cleaning the shop. Here's some updated pics as of this morning.

0shop1.jpg
0shop2.jpg
0shop4.jpg
0shop5.jpg

That's disgusting.;) :D It's wayyy too clean and empty. Where's Squirt? Where's the mess? Oh well... what can I expect from an an communication expert?:wave:

Hey...Squirt's in there. Pic #2....trying to eat the lawn bags. Tod's right...I'll fill this up in no time. Sure was nice gettin it clean though. :)