Mini Max bandsaw levelling bolt thread size

Jim O'Dell

I can't find the size of the threads for the levelling feet. If different models have different sizes, I have the E16. Owners manual and MM web site do not show the size. I have tried both 12mm fine and coarse threads, and they don't go in. I'll try to find 10mm at work tomorrow to try.
I'm also looking for ideas on the levelling feet themselves. Anyone know of any that have an allen hex recessed into the top of the bolt for top side adjustments? Any help will be appreciated. Jim.

Jim, I can't remember what size those bolts are. I didn't get home with any of them when I picked up my saw after the Arlington show, so I called MM and they sent them to me, Buuuut..... MiniMax has always recommended using about 4" wide wood shims for leveling rather than the bolts because it gives more contact area on the saw and floor and is both quieter, and less vibration than with just the 4 bolts, even if you put little feet on the bolts. (At least that was what I, and several others were told on several occassions by MM employees) When Carl was still there, he said to use the bolts to get it level, then wedge the shims in place, and back the bolts off so they don't touch the floor.

jim, my big saw is leveled with wedges like norman says, only i used 3/8 readheads to bolt it to the floor after leveling..my little saw is rolled around to much to mess with leveling, if it rocks when i park it i shove something under the high side.

I'm a hardwood wedge guy, myself, though if you want leveling pads I know McMaster Carr has many different varieties and styles. I don't like the leveling studs, too little contact area and fussy to get right.

I have done the shims before, but when I need to move the saw, like last night, it's a pain to redo things. I'm thinking I only need 1 or 2 to keep it from rocking. I will eventually weld up a piece that the BS will bolt to to raise it up about 1 5/8" to get the top at the same level as the TS. I'll use spacers to level it when I do that, and I'll probably put an "outrigger" of 8 or 10" off the backside for a little extra stability. Was thinking the anti-vibration pad feet would be good for that, but maybe not? Thanks for the help. I brought what the bin said were 10mm home, but they drop through. It may be the 12 mm I had, and there is just too much paint in the threads to go in without some persuasion. :DJim.

Just to let you guys know, Craig Zettle answered my post over at SMC. Craig had the first E16 in the US, and as I understand it, worked out a few of the kinks in the saw before it was even offered as a introductory unit to the rest of us.
It is an 11 mm bolt! Who would have thought???! Something tells me it will be fun to find. Now where's that Ace Hardware store???....Jim.