major surprise, ye never know

Frank Fusco

I've been out of town for more than a week. I set the answering machine and today picked up my messages. Major-major surprise waiting for me. A representative of a billion dollar philanthropic institution left a message to call back. After I called and a nice conversation, it turns out she wants my pens in their upscale gift shop. Not only will this be nice business but is super flattering to me. She also wants my duck calls. Now, the concern is, will I be able to keep up with demand. May have to change from my current one-at-a-time to a batch method.

Congrats Frank! That's a huge compliment! Hope it doesn't take the fun out of turning!

Out of curiosity....what do you use for finish on your pens?

Congrats Frank! That's a huge compliment! Hope it doesn't take the fun out of turning!

Out of curiosity....what do you use for finish on your pens?

Contrary to what is popular, I don't often use CA, only when I have voids that need filling and stabilizing. My go-to finish is Deft spray laquer. I usually do four coats with no standard waiting time in between. I do sand before susequent applications with the finer grits of Micro Mesh and ALWAYS also sand lengthwise to avoid the dreaded 'rings'. I like my finishes and they are good. But, others do produce some really dazzling finishes with other methods.

Frank,

How about you post some pictures of your pens?

Ken

Aw, shucks. :eek:
Well, OK. Here is my personal diamonback rattle snake skin pen. It is in a full sized Gentleman's style with titanium gold plating.

Attachments

• Diamondback rattler Gent pen closed.jpg
    Diamondback rattler Gent pen closed.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 22
  • Diamondback rattler Gent pen open.jpg
    Diamondback rattler Gent pen open.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 19