A little more seasoned Iron in my shop

Bart Leetch

Here are the 2 shapers I brought back from my Dad's. I have a set of carbide raise panel door bits for the Davis & Wells shaper & a steel set for the Craftsman shaper.

Attachments

• shapers 001.jpg
    shapers 001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 44
  • shapers 002.jpg
    shapers 002.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 24
  • shapers 003.jpg
    shapers 003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 39
  • shapers 004.jpg
    shapers 004.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 28
Shop addition coming soon.......................................;)

I'd have to move because it is in the apartment building where I work & live. I don't imagine very many people that live in an apartment also have a shop of their own in the same building.

Yes I wish my shop was bigger but I am truly blessed my job for which I don't have to drive to work & an apartment with electricity & water,TV cable & internet & garbage & a good pay check & health, dental & eye insurance for both the LOML & myself. The management company paid for wiring in my shop. They also paid for a storage building in which I share as well as the storage area in the other apt. complex next door 13 years ago which I share.

Personally I think we all need to take stock occasionally in what blessings we have & be thankful for them.

Amen God bless America happy 4th of July to all of you across America.

Yes we would like to have a home of our own as well as a bigger shop fruit trees & a garden.

Ah Bart,

I see another good ole' resident manager. I guess we are in the same boat, so to speak. I don't have much room to call a shop here, (a maintenance / electrical room) but it's better than the bedroom or living room.

Yup, the "commute" to work kills me every day. I haven't had to drive to work in over 8 years.

I do have some old iron in my shop, except it's brand new. I recently got a nice old Delta shaper. I assembled it but I think I have to take it apart again and store it. No room to use it. I need space to bring my Unisaw in to use.

Aloha, Tony

That Davis and Wells in particular looks like a real honey, yer a lucky man. Once you get a shaper, sure is hard to use a router table for much other than slots and roundovers.

Both are cool shapers. Got to say I really like that Davis and Wells. There is a lot to like about that machine! The logo is way up there too.

The Craftsman, well it get high marks for uniqueness and bonus Cool and Unusual points!