AWFS. A gloat of the first order!

Nancy Laird

As some of you might know, LOML and I will be in Las Vegas for the AWFS show in the Woodworker's Supply booth (#10168). I've held off on posting this until now because it was still up in the air until a few days ago, BUT....

I have been tapped to do the demonstration of the midi-lathe at the show!! I'll be in the booth, turning pens and maybe even a small cherry bowl and possibly one other item (I'm taking a piece of maple with me too).

I've been turning only since late last summer, but apparently someone decided that my skills are sufficient that I can demonstrate. I'm honored, but I'm also terrified, because there will be attendees from all over the world and I'll be standing there shaking in my boots while wielding a turning tool. Wish me luck!!!!

Nancy

Nancy, you don't need luck, you just need to do what you know you can do, and just ignore the noise and other people around you, imagine you are in your own workshop, just turning another pen :thumb:

You will do great!

Get some pics!:wave:

Nancy,

That's great. Congrats!

All I can say is: practice, practice, practice. Not just what you'll do, but what you'll say to people while you're doing it... ;)

Thanks,

Bill