I got hit in the face in my local Home Depot................

Mark Rios

..............when I came around the corner and saw a Shopsmith Demo being given. ;) ;) :D I was surprised out of my gourd. :D

Anyone elses HD been having Shopsmith demos? I've seen them at my local Lowes a few times but never at HD. :huh:

I had one for nearly 30 years - originally purchased for my 8x10 shop in an old coal bin beneath our apartment. It served me well, but I never liked changing functions - never as easy as they make it look - the table saw was a pain to adjust, and the components are just too expensive compared to what can be purchased as individual machines.

Just my opinion as a former SS owner.

I had one for nearly 30 years - originally purchased for my 8x10 shop in an old coal bin beneath our apartment. It served me well, but I never liked changing functions - never as easy as they make it look - the table saw was a pain to adjust, and the components are just too expensive compared to what can be purchased as individual machines.

Just my opinion as a former SS owner.

I have one I picked up used for 130.00 several years ago. I like it at that price but sure can't see the few thousand they sell for now days... And the support is less than it should be. I bought several arbors because I was given incorrect information from the factory. I used to stop at Dayton to see what they had from time to time.

They started stores all over the country then went broke about 15 years back...

Garry

I got one free with the purchase of my old Delta saw. It was missing some tables but I picked those up on Ebay. I have never used it as a table saw but I love the 12" sanding with ethe tables and I use it as a lathe for the few times I need one. If the price is right ($200 or less) and you have the room I like them. I believe used they are very cheap for a drill press sander lathe combo machine. I have the big scroll saw and big belt sander as attachments for it as well as the powerstation (powerstation was also free) to run the sander. I like them. No way would I pay the big $$$money for them new now. When I was first looking at tools for the shop I was really looking at them though - that demonstration had me captivated. Glad I did not buy it new!