Now this is the way to fight crime.........

I've always wondered why they didn't do that with my neighbour. He was a really nice guy who had some mental problems, and as long as he took his meds he was ok. One weekend (as I understand it) his regular doctor was away and another doctor screwed up his meds and on a Monday morning he stayed sane just long enough to warn his wife to get out of the house and take their son along. When the police showed up he was carrying two butcher knives and had cut (not badly) a couple of neighbour people who had tried to calm him down so the police just shot him dead.
Now without getting too detailed, I spent my late teens and early twenties in Northern Ontario ... was a contract gold miner, worked the truck docks, surveyed underground ... and spent every spare minute that I wasn't fishing or hunting in the bars and hotels. I've seen worse fights than just two knives, and the local police in those days would crack the guys skull with a baton and let him wake up in hospital with a headache. I have to applaud the policeman who was smart enough to run the guy down, especially without hurting him too badly and also the other policemen (and possibly policewomen) who elected NOT to shoot him.

BRAVO !!

:)

cheers