router lift

peter kolb

Hi, I get a lot of use out of my router table but I find that changing the router bits and adjusting the bit height to be a pain. I was contemplating a dedicated PC 7518 and a router lift. Any thought on which lift. Thanks for your help peter

Welcome to the Family, Peter. :wave:

I've got a Router Raizer for my M12V. Lower cost than the other lifts I was looking at, and it does what I need it to do.

Last edited:
Glad to have you with the Family, Peter. I bought a PC 7518 and a Woodpecker PRL 2 or 3 years ago...they are still in the box! We moved and I got a detached building to use for my shop, so all my time and money have gone to rehabbing it. I will say that the PRL is massive and very well build. A router table will be one of the next projects after I get my multistation benches finished up. I'll probably build a combination infeed table/router table next.
There are a lot of good lifts out there. If there is a woodworking show near you before you plan to purchase, it might be good to go put your hands on several to see which one you like best. Jim.

Another vote for the Router Raizer.
I’m the type that usually buys more tool than I need but honestly, other than the wow factor, I don’t see what the expensive lifts have over the Router Raizer - they both raise & lower the router. :huh:

Another vote for the Router Raizer.
I’m the type that usually buys more tool than I need but honestly, other than the wow factor, I don’t see what the expensive lifts have over the Router Raizer - they both raise & lower the router. :huh:

For router motors that are not integrated into a plunge router. :)

I've got the PC 7518 also. At the moment, I don't have a lift for it. I remember looking for one and I believe that the Woodpecker PRL is the only one that will fit it. At $300, I couldn't see the value at the time.

At some time in the future, I may go with a lift, but for now, I use brass set up bars and can get within 1/128" accuracy on the height.

Matt, watch the Woodpecker specials page. I got mine on a scratch and dent sale with full warranty for 220.00. They don't always have them, so you have to look often. Maybe e-mail them and ask if/when they might have some. Jim.

Peter,

Don't know how experienced you are, but my vote is for a PRL or equivalent. Some people can get great results from simple things, and I admire them. But I'm a complete doofus, and all I get is a bunch of cursing and ruined wood... ;)

I got the PRL, and haven't cursed since... ;) I can do a lot more things, way more accurately and safely, saves time, saves wood... it's very nice... and it makes me *slightly* less of a doofus... not to mention the most important thing: it gives Doorlink less material to use for mocking me... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I've got the PC 7518 also. At the moment, I don't have a lift for it. I remember looking for one and I believe that the Woodpecker PRL is the only one that will fit it. At $300, I couldn't see the value at the time.

Welcome to the family Peter! :wave:

Matt,
I have the PC7518 and it bolted right up to the older style Jessem lift that came with my PM2000? Maybe they have added a new plate?

DT

I"ve got the 7518 and the PRL and it's a great combo.

One thing, if I may?....When you receive the lift, check the top of the plate with a known good straightedge. My first one had a corner that dropped off quite a bit and was not acceptable. After a little discussion with Woodpecker they sent me another one and a shipping label to return the first one. The second PRL was also not dead flat but it was m,uch, much better than the first.

Congrats on your purchase, it's a very nice set up.

I have a woodpecker PRL and now have the Milwaukee 5625 mounted in it. I did have a 7518 mounted in it but I sold it last year because of a deal on the Milwaukee from heavy duty tools. They are both excellent excellent motors. All it took was a new bracket and the PRL works for both BIG routers.

BTW - there is free shipping this week at www.woodpeck.com - Woodpeckers site - use the code freeship. It will still show shipping on the email receipt/invoice but you will not be charged for shipping.

Sign up for woodpeckers email specials and you get notice of quite a few of their deals.

I also second the scratch and dent deal - they rate the amount of wear on the item. I bought a S&D router table top from them and it looks like new.