Typhoon Coming..........

Stuart Ablett

The first pic is a view from my rooftop to downtown, at or about twilight, the second pic is tonight, just a little while ago............
downtown_view.jpg night_view_typhoon.jpg

The clouds are so low, I felt I could just about reach up and touch them, and it is totally quite, next to no traffic about, it's not raining, and almost no wind, but we have a fairly big typhoon on it's way............

typhoon_track.png
.......Tokyo is about where that red X is, not a direct hit, but darn close!

rain_rain_rain.png
You can see the rain coming!!

Batten down them hatches! :wave:

I'll most likely retreat to the Dungeon, got to make sure it does not leak......... :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!

Take care, Stu...

My Jr Boss is leaving today for Tokyo.... Bit concerned about him, and hope the flight is OK. The flight might go around to Osaka or Nagoya? Scheduled landing at Narita now is 2:00pm 7/15.

Thanks for the update, and be sure to check to see all your tools work. Sure would hate for them to stop in the middle of the typhoon...:D

Stu

If it's not one thing it's another! Start the bilge pumps! :D

Take care, I'm sure you're stocked up on emergency supplies.

Jay

It has stalled slightly and wandered out to sea a bit as well, so we are getting rained on a LOT but not much wind at all. It is now about 10:30 AM here, and they expect it to be worse around 2 PM.

Greg, you Jr Boss is flying right into the teeth of the storm, I'd now want to be on that flight............

200707150100-00.png

Don't see much way of flying around that one, maybe over it?

Cheers!:wave:

The first pic is a view from my rooftop to downtown, at or about twilight, the second pic is tonight, just a little while ago............
View attachment 10663 View attachment 10664

The clouds are so low, I felt I could just about reach up and touch them, and it is totally quite, next to no traffic about, it's not raining, and almost no wind, but we have a fairly big typhoon on it's way............

View attachment 10665
.......Tokyo is about where that red X is, not a direct hit, but darn close!

View attachment 10666
You can see the rain coming!!

Batten down them hatches! :wave:

I'll most likely retreat to the Dungeon, got to make sure it does not leak......... :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!
Hi Stu, Hope all goes well with you. "Taifun" I thing Greg has named it:D .
Maybe more like "Nofun".:rofl: Got to get our laughs in now...:rolleyes:
Those corregated tin covers for your wood could become flying serated guillotines if left to the high winds. :eek: Exercise caution maybe the easiest or the hardest "work out" directive I can give you now.:rofl: Best to you. Shaz
9:15 PM Houston, Tx.

Stu,

Take care and do not be too careful with these storms, they can change their minds and come at you at anytime. Keep us updated on your "condition".

Thanks for the concern.

South of here the storm hit hard, but it kind of bounced off the coast and headed out to sea a ways, it is just about by us now.

Our friends that were having the BBQ party that we were supposed attend to day canceled this morning, but one guest, a Canadian guy showed up, he did not check his e-mail, and no one had his phone number, so they called us and said, that the weather is basically clear, so why not come down for dinner, and stay overnight, so that is where we are headed.

If you have never been through one of these, they are amazing, often an hour or two after the peak of the storm, it's bright sunshine and blue sky!

I'll get a chance to see Alex as well, as he is in the hood down there!

Cheers!:wave:

Glad to hear it missed you, Stu. I was afraid that you were going to have to search the neighborhood and gather all that wood up and haul it back up to the roof and stack it all over AGAIN.:( :(

They even showed it on the Weather channel here earlier today, which is rare. Have fun at the BBQ.