Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So whats cooking for the long weekend

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

So whats cooking for the long weekend

Besides Turkey I mean. I'll be spending the all 4 days in the shop. Besides working on the desk for LOML I have a small commision to do for my lumber suplier, a small raised panel door. Not to dificult but he asked if I could get it done by next week so I'll be working on it. So what plans do ya'll have for the 4 days off.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

This is a big weekend for us. Our old house...which we miraculously sold in a single phone call....will be closing on Tuesday. We still have some odds and ends to clear up out there and I promised the new owner that I'd run some heat ducting. Soooo....3 or 4 pickup loads of household items and Turning Blanks....and a little sawzall work is in the queue for this long weekend.

I'm getting done with these carcasses on my cabinets so I'll be starting on milling the faceframe, door and stile material.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Steve Clardy Guest
    really know. A mixed bag of everything.

Well if Marty is feeling better I know it will be spent putting more OSB up on the ceiling in the shop!! While he has my extra hands that is...

Denise

Finish up the bed hopefully. Shouldn't be a problem depending on how much company we have and if I have anywhere to go? But I love turkey so that OK.

Hoping to start the restoration on this sad ole thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sad_shaper.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	1022

Turn some Christmas ornaments for gifts. Start some boxes for gifts. Move the wood rack and clean up the junk corner of the shop. Just what ever strikes my fancy.Probably a little of all the above.

I have a set of shelves done that need to be painted and built in to our pantry. Nothing fancy. MDF sides and mixed hardwood (maple, oak, ash, hickory) shelves with white enamal paint. Been over a year getting to this point but LOML has basicly told me, no Xmas decorating until the shelves are in and I want to do all the decorating this weekend.

Thankfully, all the bottom shelves are painted and ready for installation. The top shelves are in 3 sections but need to be painted before final installation. Tonight and tomorrow will be pretty busy with hopeful installation completion on Friday.

i had high hopes of working both at the house and shop this weekend.....but if i don`t get to feelin` better soon i`ll bet i lay around and whine
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

4 day weekend?? What 4 day weekend???? Did I miss a memo? Unfortuanately I have to work Friday, but am off this weekend. Unless my workmate stays sick...I had to take lunch an hour early so he could go home today. We'll see if he shows up Friday.
    I'm going to try to get the Clear Vue finished up. I have 4 bridge clamps to make (started one last night, but the metal was too cold and broke on me), then install the already cut flex hose on the exhaust. Then make the chip barrel lid and seal it off. Hope those of you that get long weekends put them to good use, and those under the weather start feeling better soon! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Cooking turkey tomorrow, leftover turkey enchiladas later. Hope to make it down south a ways to see the Sandhill Cranes in their winter habitat at Bosque del Apache - beautiful birds. The wife has threatened a group house cleaning this weekend - before her sister comes to visit. In between, I'll be hand sanding the legs for a nightstand I'm making - lots of curves and lots of sanding.

Season's greeting everyone!