Had a Family Woodworker Visit.......

Stuart Ablett

Yep, here in Japan...........

matt_stu.jpg
......Matt is the tall one! :D

Matt McParland, a fairly new member here, has yet to post, but he tells me he reads the site fairly often. Matt was in town on business, and had a morning free before he had to head home to Canada, so I gave him the nickel tour of the Dungeon, and then we went and had some sushi for lunch!

Matt, I hope you can post some of your projects.

Nice to have a visitor, if any of you guys are ever in Tokyo, I'm right downtown, easy to find.

Cheers! :wave:

I'm with Art on this one...I'd love to visit, but I draw the line at eating bait. :p (Not to imply there's anything wrong with it...just not my cup o' darjeeling.)

Glad to see you got to have a get-together with Matt. As a bonus, you could speak your native Canuck language for a change, eh?

Who's the fella with the beard?

It's nice when people can get together from here, or any other forum for that matter.

Never had sushi, so I'll refrain from comment, glad you guys liked it.

Hey Guys, Matt wanted the Sushi, which is fine by me, but we could have had pizza or anything else.

Native Canuck, yeah, right, he is from the East coast, I'm from the West coast :D

Stu,

The beard has grown since we "Skyped"...:rofl: Wish I could have stopped by the last time I was across the pond... I love to chow down on some Ika, Toro and love sea urchin gonads....(yep, real scientific name for Uni). Company I consult for has 5 Sushi shops in the Tsukiji area. And...when I was involved with putting Round Table Pizza shops in Japan, I ate more pizza than I ever want to think about.. Tuna and corn are not my favorite toppings...:eek:

Nice to see your visitor and look forward to hearing from him. And, the East and West coasts of Canada are as different as the East and West coasts of the US, if not more.

Hey Guys, Matt wanted the Sushi, which is fine by me, but we could have had pizza or anything else.

Native Canuck, yeah, right, he is from the East coast, I'm from the West coast :D

so he's used to more 'crowding' on the home front than you are? :huh:

but does he have 'draw weight' to the button?

Matt, welcome to the boards, looking forward to seeing your work, so chime in soon, ok?

oh, and Stu, you had me worried with the beard, I was trying to figure out how you put a full face helmet on...

Last edited:
Yeah, great not shaving :D
Got to admit, I'm getting a little static about it, but hey, think of the money I'm saving on razors and shaving cream :eek: :rofl:

I imagine Matt is busy, he was away for two weeks, so I guess it takes some time to get back in his groove! :wave:

Cheers!