Look what I found.....

Stuart Ablett

....Dunno if I can get it or not, it has 7 days left and is at $10

Big Kermit1.jpg Big Kermit2.jpg Big Kermit3.jpg

Big Kermit4.JPG Big Kermit7.JPG Big Kermit8.JPG Big Kermit6.jpg

Lots to look at there :D

Wonder what it will go for, it is in the WRONG category, so I might have a chance at getting it at a reasonable price?

One thing, it is in Osaka, that means at least $200 for shipping :eek:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that would fit, no problem, I might have to take it apart, due to how much it all weighs, the electric hoist is rated at 120 Kg (260 lbs).

Have to look at the much abused tool fund.....:rolleyes:

Need to sell some clamps! :D

I would love to have that!! Don't let it get away.

Two tools I want/could use are a mill and a metal lathe. Not even looking but man would they be handy rebuilding these machines!! But I keep remind myself my shop it almost complete and I don't expect to be restoring many more.

Wonder what happened to the guy trying to change the belt configuration...:huh:

:eek:

:rofl:

Looks like a great find, Stu. We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya!:thumb:

Last edited:
Stu, where the heck are you gonna put it? :D I can't imagine anyplace for it in the Dungeon.................

Beside my sink there is a stack of shelving, that really, if I think about it, do I really need it?

As it is, I have way too much junk laying around the Dungeon, it I don't use if for a year or two, and it is not stuff like rough pieces of wood, I wonder why the heck I'm keeping it in the Dungeon? :dunno:

I could move a lot of that stuff over into the Annex and free up a spot for that milling machine.

I'm going to watch closely and see how high it goes, if it stays reasonable, I'll go for it, but, I think it might just go stupid expensive, as I've been watching these things for about two years, and they usually don't go cheap, but who knows.

What would you guys that could use one, or want one pay for it?

Cheers!

PS, Greg, I saw them gloves sticking out of the top cover too and wondered what that was about :huh:

:D

Cheers!

Stu,

That looks like a very desireable machine indeed. Hope you do get it.

I have to repeat Mark's question, "Where the heck are you gonna put it?" That looks like it'll have a decently large footprint. Do I recall you saying you have 3 phase in the dungeon?

But I DO like it, and wish I had one, too. I do have an older Duracraft (Taiwan made) 16 speed, 22" swing, floor drill press with a compound vise on a "production table", (coolant too) that I use for light milling. It has enough beef to hold up pretty well, but not like that one you're looking at.

I'll be watching for it.

Aloha, Tony

What would you guys that could use one, or want one pay for it?

Cheers!

Stu,

Those things here sell for about $1000 with stand, but depending on how the economy is going they can be had used from $75 to $5-600. If you are going to start metalworking you will love the end mill function, but the R-8's for each mill size will start to add up. Also, you will find you can use the mills and table in place of a router with much more precision.

Geez, Stu,

It's only a couple hundred freeway miles to Osaka. You could dash down and pick it up. Buy some guys a case of saki, and have them drink it *BEFORE* you ask them to help load it! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Stu

I say go for it, if only for the entertainment value for the rest of us to watch you put that down the hole! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Heck, my earlier idea of cutting holes in the floor and putting in lifts is getting better and better, and now you'd have the machine to do the tooling!

Jay

Well a glitch in the whole deal, the guy selling it says "Pick Up Only" and he wants it picked up in less than a week from the end of the auction :(

Will have to have a talk with a buddy of mine who has a truck that could haul it, and with my wonderful wife, as I'd need to take a day off work to go get it.... The tolls and gas for a trip to Osaka are NOT cheap :doh:

Not looking good :bang:

That's a sweet looking 'ol mill, I'd like to find something like that myself. I was watching a mill on the big bay of the net, a dual head, vertical and horizontal down in L.A. That would be ideal for anything I would need to do...not like a Bridgeport, but still a nice little mill.

I like the looks of the table and vise, looks like good stuff on that one above Stu.

It's worth what someone will pay for it, I would think it's worth a couple hundred bucks easy, if you could get it for that. Let's see, how much is a couple hundred bucks...oh yeah, it's about 10 yen...:rofl:

I guess I'm a bad influence on you...

Last edited:
Good News, GREAT NEWS!! :D

I read the posting incorrectly, the guy will not ship it, but if I arrange shipping that is cool! :thumb:

So, I'm back in the game!! :headbang: :wave:

stu, i`d go 3-500 depending on how badly you want it, just the vice is worth 100 bucks, looks like the ways have adjustable gibs so as long as the lead screws are in good shape,and the spindle bearings are tight, it shouldn`t be an issue to keep accurate.

Thanks Tod, I was figuring on a $500 limit, plus shipping.

My wife figures one of the shipping companies would ship it for about $100..?

Fingers and toes crossed!

I was wondering about the spindle.... chuck.... thing, I do not think I've seen one like that before......?

Anyone know what exactly it is?

I guess I should shoot the guy some questions, try to find out if it has a MT#3 or what... :huh:

Cheers!