Welcome to our Newest Moderator

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to mention here that since we created this new Design and Plans forum, we needed a moderator for it, and Dave Richards has agreed to take the job for now. (Until we figure out the mod and admin election process, and quite possibly after that, too.) Now, Dave took the job because I told him it would be easy, so no name-calling, flame wars or trolling for the first week or so, OK? :D

Many of you already know Dave from other forums, but for those who don't, he's a great guy, he's got good design chops, and he can make Sketchup do things it probably wasn't designed to do. Best of all, he seems to like to share his knowledge, and he's a tutorial-writing sun of a gun. :) I know a lot of us have already learned a lot from Dave in the past, and we look forward to having his input here.

Welcome aboard, Dave! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for taking on the job Dave.

HEEEYYY.......aren't you the guy that did the sketchy uppy tutorial thingy where the table is flat on the paper in the first pics and then, by the end of the pics, it's standing up in real life in someones house, complete with the soda can ring on it, a ding where the kid hit it with a hammer and a half a tortilla chip under it? It looked just like real life! MAN, that gave me the creeps because of how you did that. You must be REALLY good.

David

Thanks for assuming this role. perhaps I can learn something about SU and stop drawing stuff by hand

Jay

Hi Dave--Welcome and thank you for taking the job!

I look forward the your tutorials, tips and hints. I use TC Pro, and while the actual terms and actions are a bit different, the tuts have spurred me to try things in TC I probably wouldn't have.

Looking forward to it.

Take care, Mike

Yes...what others have said...Thanks for jumping on here and keeping us all in line. In fact I'll give you my permission right now to delete anything I post on here that is not allowed. Not that I would do that intentionally, but sometimes I slip up.

By the way...dumb question here but what are you guys talking about when it comes to this Sketch-Up thing?