Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edge sander

Edge sander

Just curious....how many of you guys & gals out there own and use an edge sander? I have been thinking of getting one but wonder on how much use it will get. I know that I use my combo belt/disc sander an awful lot during assembly and have had the need numerous times for a larger sander....ideas? thoughts??? how fast can an african swallow fly???(maybe somebody can finally answer that question correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Cresti View Post
    Just curious....how many of you guys & gals out there own and use an edge sander? I have been thinking of getting one but wonder on how much use it will get. I know that I use my combo belt/disc sander an awful lot during assembly and have had the need numerous times for a larger sander....ideas? thoughts??? how fast can an african swallow fly???(maybe somebody can finally answer that question correctly)

Faster than me.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Cresti View Post
    ..............how fast can an african swallow fly???(maybe somebody can finally answer that question correctly)
    Is that ladened or unladened, male or female?

Don't know about the edge sander, except to say I don't have the space for one...
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Paul, I can't answer the swallow question, but I can make an attempt at the edge sander one. An ole boy (Charlie) that was the local builder where I grew up and hired me from time to time retired about 15 years ago from the house building business and set up shop to get serious about woodworking, he bought everything he thought he'd need and one of the items was a edge sander. I've been in Charlies shop a lot in those fifteen years and I've yet to see him use that edge sander for very much. Just my observation.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Paul,
    The answer to the question is one at a time. As for the edge sander, I have one, use it rarely, but when it is needed it performs flawlessly and I will not be givin it up anytime soon. I have the Jet one that oscillates. Hope that helps and have a great and safe holiday.

I didn't know that Africans swallowed flies?
    I have a edge sander and love it. I use it akk the time for shapes and edges.

Richard

Don't have one. Don't think that I would use one if had it.
    Cheers, Frank

Paul, I have an edge sander and use it all the time. I do raised panel doors and use it mostly to true up the ends of the doors after assembly. I also use it for other things as well. Sure glad I got it.
    I once heard that cats and women will do darn well what they please and that men and dogs would do well to accept it and just go on.

Paul,
    I don't have one, but wish I did. I think it would be a super tool to fix my goof ups. Sanding drawers and doors to size .

Brian

Steve Clardy Guest
    I have the Jet 6x89 sander.

I use it a LOT

Like Jim, it's great for doing door edges.

Probably about the most used tool I have besides the table saw.

I wouldn't want to have to do without it in my shop