Florida Road Trip!

Well, you could have picked a little cooler time of year to traverse the southern US, but I'm sure that'll be forgotten as soon as you see the new grandbaby.

Have a fun, safe trip! :biker:

Matt,

Just for the record, I can be in Jax'ville in about 2.5 hours.

You are ABSOLUTELY WELCOME to drop by for as long of a visit as you'd like. Heck, give us a little lead time and we can make sure we have a good food spread ready and extra towels for the pool/spa! ;)

Check you PM's..
- Marty -

Matt, I hope you have a fun and safe trip!

Please tell the LOYL that if you go near Marty and Denise's place and DON'T stop off for a visit, I'M going to take it as a personal insult :D :D :D

Seriously, if you are in that neck of the wood, please take the time to stop off, whenever some one else is holding the camera, we get to see other stuff that Marty does not show us :D Nothing against Marty in any way shape or form, he just shows us what he thinks will be, or is of interest, which it is, but a fresh set of eyes sees different things!

Probably the closest I'll ever get to the "Studio" is pics, so if you get a chance to add to the photo album, please do! :D :wave:

Hey Matt!
I'm 35 miles outside Jax in Starke, FL. I'm a bachelor and don't cook but there is a new steak place close by I have not visited yet.
Send me an email when you get here and I'll send you an address.
You are welcome any time!

DT

Matt

Safe journey. As a Florida resident who has spent a month in AZ on a family matter I've got a new saying, "it isn't the humidity it is the heat!" I'm looking foward to returning home to some cooler but more humid temps. I don't know how long the top will take to acclimate, but if you put a varnish type finish on it, I think it will be longer than your visit.

Jay

Wow, Hobbs to Pensacola is a pretty good run. On the other hand, it's a pretty flat drive. ;) Not a lot of mountain passes to go over. Darned near downhill both directions. :p

Have a good rest of the ride and enjoy your visit.

Florida

Matt:

If you need a any laser engraving done while you are in Florida. I am about 2.5 hours south of Jacksonville in Melbourne. Close to the space center.

Stop by and see how you can cut wood with just a little light. I have even been known to sometimes try cutting wood with a steel blade of some sort.

If you are in Florida 8/7/7 there is a shuttle scheduled for I think 7:00 PM. I have a Sister-in-law who lives in Titusville, directly across the river from the VAB. From there, with binoculars you can see the shuttle resting on the pad. Great spot to view a launch from.

Hi Matt, just wanted to say that I hope you made the final leg of your trip safely, and are having a great time getting acquainted with that new Grandbaby, and spending time with your daughter. Have fun, but DON'T PET the alligators.:D

Matt,

Glad you made it safe and sound! :thumb:

And...it ain't humid...it's WET! Same thing around here for another month or so. All I can say is thank goodness for A/C in the shop! :thumb:

Let me know if you can break away for a while...I'll be in the shop! ;)

- Marty -

Well, Denise and I had the pleasure of meeting and hosting Matt and his lovely wife Debbie for the afternoon today.

We spent way too many hours touring the shop, demo'ing equipment, discussing various aspects of the shop...etc., etc., etc..

Then we retired to the house for a quick (late) lunch before Debbie and Matt had to leave to head north to Atlanta.

And for the picture police...it DID happen. Here's a shot taken on Debbie's camera while it was resting atop the shaper feeder:

100_0630.jpg

And then here's a pretty cool picture that Matt shot...in Panoramic Mode:

100_0622.jpg

I think that panoramic shot is the only one I have that shows ALL the major tools in the same shot. Thanks Matt! :thumb:

Oh, and Stu...both Matt and Debbie shot other pictures...but I don't think there's anything in any of them that hasn't already been shown here. I'll let them decide if they want to post more pictures when they get to their next destination and have 'puter access.

All in all, it was a very nice visit. Thanks to you both for taking the time out of your vacation to drop in. Know that you're welcome ANY time! :thumb:

Be safe...
- Marty n Denise -

Glad Matt & Debbie got to stop by and see Marty's shop firsthand and have a nice visit. I REALLY like that panoramic shot, as it really shows the shop's layout from the same perspective as if you were in it in person. hmmm......I wonder if my camera has that function?:huh: (probably not):rolleyes:

Boy, that tour ought to give you plenty of "Inspiration" to do some more fine woodworking when you get home, eh, Matt?:D

Drive Safe Matt! :thumb:

Glad you were able to stop by and visit. And glad we were able to help your cause by showing Debbie a bunch of equipment you 'need'! :thumb:

- Marty -