Back panel take two

Bruce Page

You might remember my earlier resawing post; http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4442
I was able to finish up the panel this weekend. The 12 piece panel measures 53.75 X 38.75 X 1/2" thick. The joints are tongue & groove.
I was able to get a nice grain matching when I laid out the boards. The camera doesn't do the oak fleck & rays justice. Hopefully I’ll be able to pop them come finishing time. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• BB4.jpg
    BB4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 66
I can already see quite a bit of fleck in the pic and it's looking real good. Cant wait to see it with some finish on it if there's more there.

Thanks guys. I still have drawers and some trim to make and then finish sanding/scraping.
I’m not planning on putting the finish on until this fall or winter when I can control the temperature a little better.
Bartee, the sander is a PC 505. It’s only a few years old, I think it was a special edition or something. It has zero dust collection but it’s a kick butt sander!

boy bruce it sure is shame to have that gtr sawn oak laying around just gettin rough up,,it begs for the finish to let the rays show off there and your stuff:thumb: :D :D got sum of my own that is gettun dried and i cant wait to have time to make it look similar to yours,, the better half said she saw a table in there,, i think she was hinting at something:dunno: nice project bruce see i told you, that thewoodmaster was good tool:thumb:

Looks great Bruce. Hope you will place the piece so that the backside is somewhat visible - too pretty to hide:thumb:

Thanks Jesse. I’m not so anal that I would go to this trouble for something unseen. :rolleyes: The panel will be visible through the glass paneled doors. (I hope)

Larry you were right – the Woodmaster is sweet but I still do the final sanding by hand...