Drwall Muddying Cost per Foot?

As many of you know, I am in the midst of a pretty big build with my new addition and all. Well now I am down to installing the drywall. I would like to have some else mud and tape it, but it looks like everyone is busy. So far I have ONE muddying guy that MIGHT be able to do it. That does not give me anything to gauge his estimate off from though.

Does anyone know what the general costs of muddying and taping are?

I have a 28 x 40 foot addition. The space is wide open (no furniture of any sort)with concrete floors and no finished ceiling so making a mess and clean up will be easy. Their will be no drywall on the ceiling, just on the walls which are 8 feet high with the drywall applied 4 feet wide and eight feet high with screws. There are two outside corners, the rest are inside corners. The window trim is wood. There are no stair wells, changes in floor elevation or anything...very simple drywalling with 3 bedrooms, 3 closets, a bathroom and laundry room. I think that is about all the information you would need to know.

I know this did not get any answer, and I know its rude to answer your own question, but just in case anyone wants to know, it costs between 40-55 cents a square foot to get someone else to mud drywall. This includes materials and labor, but does not include the cost of putting up the drywall itself. This is just the mudding costs.

I had a friend of a friend do a room about that size as side job after his normal workday for $100. Oh wait, that was 25 years ago and their were two large picture windows and two double doors. At twice the price it would be worth every penny to me.

I know this did not get any answer, and I know its rude to answer your own question, but just in case anyone wants to know, it costs between 40-55 cents a square foot to get someone else to mud drywall. This includes materials and labor, but does not include the cost of putting up the drywall itself. This is just the mudding costs.
FWIW, I don't think it's rude to answer your own question. I'm guessing nobody here knew an answer to give you (thus the lack of responses), and now a lot of us know the answer because you came back and posted it. :thumb:

Well I had a guy check out my new addition and he said for 1200 bucks he would mud the walls for me. That's about four coats and 3200 square feet of drywall. The funny thing is he did my parents home a few years ago and did an excellent job so he's the one I wanted to do the job anyway. Better yet, he can start next Thursday.

Yeah I am on cloud nine I guess. Of course it does not take much when you are building an addition!!

There are a pile of interior walls...

In all it took (105) 4 foot by 8 foot sheets of drywall to cover my new addition, but I don't think I mentioned that in my original post.