"Dado Blade Storage"

Mine came in a wooden box, with circles of closed cell foam between the blades. (Avenger blades... inexpensive but they've worked fine for me.) Have you thought of making a box for yours? It could be something pretty simple, with a 5/8" dowel in the center as a post. then you could cut some foam "donuts" to go between the blades.

How bout this one?

Picture1-4.jpg
Picture2-2.jpg

If you need spacers, sounds like a good job for those coasters your CD/DVD burner/recorder makes. :huh:

DT

Tis one was planned to hold 2 blades and a dado set. It ended up full of blades as my dado came with a box but the design is simple enough. The pegs at the bottom were originally to hold shims.

Attachments

• bladerack.jpg
    bladerack.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Sorry, Lary I don't have any sugestions, my Delta set came in a handy case.

Don, I like your design! :thumb:

The style that Glenn posted is a very popular design.

Attachments

• DadoCase1.jpg
    DadoCase1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DadoCase2.jpg
    DadoCase2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
Heres mine. This was part of the overall design thinking when I built my TS base. I designed two bottom drawers to hold TS blades.

IMG_0922.jpg IMG_0923.jpg

Here is a shot so you can see the relationship of the drawer to the TS. This is really easy to get the blades out when I need to setup the Dado.

IMG_0924.jpg

So you can see the whole thing. Here is the web album for the Table Saw base.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bartee/TableSawBaseJan2005

Hope this helps.

My set-up is like Frank's - I have a board on the wall with dowels to hang the blades on. Yeah, I know, not the best, but it's worked so far.

Wes

Heres mine. This was part of the overall design thinking when I built my TS base. I designed two bottom drawers to hold TS blades.

View attachment 11240 View attachment 11239

Here is a shot so you can see the relationship of the drawer to the TS. This is really easy to get the blades out when I need to setup the Dado.

View attachment 11238

So you can see the whole thing. Here is the web album for the Table Saw base.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bartee/TableSawBaseJan2005

Hope this helps.

Thats a class act you have there Bartee I like that. :thumb:

DT