Hello from Uk hobby turner

Chas Jones

Just been pointed to your site by an existing member and after browsing around got hooked on wanting to see more of your output so put my name on the list.

I started turning in May 2005 and promptly got hooked, the obsession still continues, albeit with just simple no brainer forms in the main.

Apologise in advance if you follow any links from my gallery to my woodwork web site but most of the links there will take you to UK and other forum references.

My shop houses a small (9x20) metal lathe as well as my Wood Spinner.

Welcome to the clubhouse, Chas. :wave: We can always fit another turner here. And you're a metal turner, too. That'll be a good addition to the mix. :thumb:

[Edited to add...]
I just perused your gallery...you've got quite a body of work for a hobby turner. Well done. I also followed the links to the UKworkshop forum...just what I need...another forum. :p Looks like another good bunch of guys.

Thanks for the welcome, turning output this end a little slow at the moment due to a fair amount of rough green turning and holding a 'mini bash' recently aimed at demonstrating techniques, tool handling and generally an excuse for a bit of 'spinney' bonding. This inevitably led to having a shop/garage cleanup/cleanout etc. which I am still coming to terms with.

..... I also followed the links to the UKworkshop forum...just what I need...another forum. :p Looks like another good bunch of guys.

Yes a very helpful bunch, many go out of their way (literally) to assist and support others. An eclectic mix from the DIY home owner to self employed cabinet makers, bespoke furniture makers/restorers and builders and a generous helping of people who whittle wood in one form or another for pleasure.

Welcome Chas
Maybe some day, will move up to the spiny world, but right
now my world is flat, not round.

PS
Coffe pot is on!