Something came from Greenlee!

Jim O'Dell

This really is about tools! I purchased a clamp on amp meter a month or so ago from Lowes to verify the current draw on my Clear Vue cyclone motor. Had been wanting one, and got a Greenlee on mega sale at Lowes for 27.00. Regular 65.00 or so. So I send in the product registration, and think nothing of it. Last week I got an email for a shipping notice from FedEx. Hmmm I didn't order anything, and LOML doesn't use my email address except to forward my misdirected mail to me. I figure it is a scam to click on the link. So I wrote down the tracking number and went to the FE site and plugged it in. Really a package. Came today, from Greenlee. A thank you for sending in the registration! DSCN1641.jpg Fairly sharp cutting blade. Also in the note, there was a survey about the meter, what I liked and disliked, would I buy again, etc, and said if sent in, there would be another gift sent. Wonder what it will be??? :D Jim.

Cool. Free stuff is good stuff. How's that meter working out? Is that something I ought to pick up?

Doug, it appears to work fine. I'd like to test it against someone that has a nice one to see if it is calibrated correctly. I put the readings up on the CV forum, but no one commented on them. I thought they were low (sub 19 amps with all 3 gates open). But if accurate, I pretty much know that my motor is safe. It was in the price range I was willing to spend. I've used it that one time, who knows when I'll need it again! Jim.

I forgot (if I ever knew) that they had a forum there. Guess I better do some reading there to see what I've missed. I haven't been on their site for a while and just today finally got my gallery album caught up to where I'm at.