Insert for Jet JWTS-10 table saw

Look in your scrap bin for some MDF then tape it to your existing throat plate and use a pattern tracing router bit to copy exact the shape of your existing. then place it in the hole, tape it in place, slide the fence over the corner of the plate (but not over the blade) and turn on the saw, slowly raise the blade through the MDF and you have just made your own. Easier and cheaper than buying.

I purchased two UHMW inserts, they were both warped on arrival. By the time I got them flat I could have done what Bill said and been just as good (if not better) and cheaper. Live and learn.

I purchased two UHMW inserts, they were both warped on arrival. By the time I got them flat I could have done what Bill said and been just as good (if not better) and cheaper. Live and learn.

I did worse than you, Tony, I bought 3 at a WW show and they were flat when I bought them, but by the time I got around to fitting them to the saw, they were so warped I just put them back on the shelf and made my own. I did save them for other uses when I needed a small piece of UHMW for a jig or something. I have since found that when I need something slick, Harbor freight often has a sale for under $9.00 on their cutting boards and knife sets, so I use the cutting boards for that, and surprisingly, none of those pieces have warped, go figure.:rolleyes::D