Loading Windows Vista...

That's how we load it at work, at least until the involuntary alpha testing phase is completed by unsuspecting MS customers.

Usually disk fragmentation is a bad thing. I think this case might be a good exception. :p

I'm one of the guinea pigs at work, so they built me a nice dual core Intel machine with oodles of RAM, and loaded Vista Business on it for me. Everything works fine...except for my keyboard. There are no drivers available for it. And it's a freakin' Microsoft keyboard! I use the Microsoft Office keyboard, a discontinued model that has a unique scroll wheel on the left side. I've used this keyboard for 5 or 6 years at work and at home, and I really rely on the stupid scroll wheel. (I work on a lot of long documents.) I've tried every other Microsoft keyboard driver, and while I can get most things to work (like the volume control), touching the scroll wheel causes all the desktop icons to grow to gigantic proportions, and nothing will reduce them in size except a logoff. Feh.

Fortunately, I still have my XP production machine, so the Vista problems haven't kept me from getting my work done.

Vaughn, Vaughn, Vaughn -- You just don't understand ........

If new software was compatible with old hardware then why would anyone need to buy NEW hardware..............

It's all in the marketing.

Now that is funny!

And some of you laughed because I am still Running W2K. Just more reason to keep what I got. It's works and I don't think I can stand the upgrade!

Software is that like the soft nosed lead 30 30 round I would like to jack into the chamber of my 1893 model Winchester when ever I think of the ride Micro drivel wants to take all of us on with their driveling software.

The LOML just said it Micro drivel is brilliant but has absolutely no common sense.