Unbelieveable

Ditto what Bruce Page has said.

I have my opinions of what has happened and I am keeping them to myself. I have read the threads and now....

... I am going to go outside, (even with it being 105 degrees) to do some sanding on my long outdoor dining table.

Joe

PS, Jim and Chris, I am going to miss your comments over there, but will look forward to reading your comments here.

I'd just like to say that I'm fairly sure that most members of SMC know that the staff over there does not appreciate public comment, or criticism of the way they do their jobs. I think it is fair to say, that knowing that, if you do publicly disagree with them, the outcome of you being banned or having your post removed etc is a forgone conclusion. I would suggest that it would be more productive to PM the moderators that you wish to talk to in expressing your disagreement, but that is everyone's personal call.

I do not agree with their style of running a forum, but I respect their right to do what they want in their own place. This is one reasons why I got involved in this adventure here. We choose to run our forum in a different way, we really do want, NEED, member input, because in the end, we are all members ourselves, no one person, or any small group of elites "Own" Family Woodworking, heck, we even have term limits!

All of that being said, SMC is Keith's forum, he chooses the staff to help him run it, and he makes the rules and decides how they are enforced, if you cannot stay within the lines there, you will soon hear about it.

We too have rules here, and if you cannot stay within our lines, you would also be removed, not that anyone has even come sort of close to that situation here :D

I support SMC's right to do as they deem necessary on their own forum, as this also ensures our own rights here, to set up our forum in a way that we choose.

One of the best things we have going here is the membership as a whole and I think it is threads like this that, while I really don't like seeing them, allow us to bear in mind what this forum stands for and what we are trying to avoid. That responsibility falls not only on the mods, but on the entire membership to ensure we treasure what has been developed. Once again, my thanks to those that started this forum and those that support what this forum is all about.

I would like to temper the thoughts just a little and ask that we don't get our noses stuck in the air by saying we are so much better than another forum. They are a bunch of guys trying to do what they think is right, no matter how misguided we may think their methods.

Treasure what we have and pass along how things are run to the newbies and maybe this will remain a great place, no matter how big we get!

I would suggest that it would be more productive to PM the moderators that you wish to talk to in expressing your disagreement, but that is everyone's personal call.

I only see one problem with this solution. I just checked and I am not locked out so I could PM a moderator but if I had found out that I was locked out that option would have been removed. Sounds like this could have happened to Chris. I am having a hard time coming up with any way to resolve the problem at that point, not that I would really want to if it went that far.

Well Allen, I figure if they lock a member out, they really do not want that member their anymore. I do my very best to NOT go where I'm NOT wanted.

Cheers!

Hi Allen,

I don't know what level of exclusion they've provided me and it really doesn't matter. Like I said in my original post, they have "guested" me and I haven't anything to say negative about that other than your likely to see more of my posts around here, heh, heh, heh.