Another Clamp Rack

glenn bradley

My dad and I picked up some extra clamps back when PSI had their 4 for 1 sale. I'm re-organizing the shop and things are pretty messy so I had to find something to do with them (besides trip over them). I will be going to a cleat system along the walls as part of the shop overhaul so I slapped together a prototype of what I may use for these deep throat camps as well as others.

Grab a board and drill some 3/4" holes in it at about 3*.

Main-Board-1.jpg

You know those pop-up canopies that blow down during river trips? Take some of the poles left over and cut them to length. I also drilled a hole for a keeper screw.

Drill-Pipe-2.jpg Support-Screws-1.jpg

Throw a french cleat on the back and hang it on the wall that I'll get to last. Some of the clamps are in use but there's room for all of this particular batch. Pretty much all of my clamps will eventually hang on the wall I'm working on now. A dozen clamps in a 10" x 36" space.

Temp-Home-1.jpg

The clamps aren't bent or hanging crooked, that's just the pic. OK dad, your turn.

Last edited:
Hi Glenn, :wave:
You come up with some really great ideas. They won't all work for everybody but they are always stimulating. That is a very important component. As always, Thanks:thumb:
Shaz