T-nuts, or am I nuts?

I have found McMaster Carr very reasonable on shipping cost. Obviously they get some breaks on shipping. But you never get a shipping cost till after they ship. So you don't know in advance, but they are always very reasonable.

hI JIm.

McMaster & Carr has 3 prong tee-nuts for $6.68 for a pack of 50. 6 prong are $6.75 for 50. The threads are 3/8-16. Go the home page and search on "tee nuts," not "t nut."

I have bought many things from them and they give prompt service. Usually about 3 days from Atlanta.

You can also call them and get a price on the shipping if you are so inclined.

You're right, Jeff. During my web searches, I thought about looking at MC, then forgot to. I anguished on my second order of PVC fittings from them, because they wouldn't tell me what shipping was, like they did the first order. I finally ordered after all the support I got that they were always reasonable...And they were! Thanks for the reminder! Jim.

I guess I'm lucky, We have a Mom/pop Hardware store in our community and they will order hardware for me "by the box price" which is well cheaper than per unit price. I get all my screws and other hardware through them. I can buy a box of screws for the cost of a couple of bubble packs from HD a couple of blocks away. Get out the phonebook and support your local small business, I bet if you do, they will order boxes of your hardware for you. As a rule they get deliveries weekly from their suppliers.

Ken, you must have posted while I was composing, then I didn't see your post until now. I found the same thing you suggested after reading Jeff's note. Thanks! Mitchell, I tried McFeely's, and Grainger, and several other online companies with no luck, at least not in the 3/8" size. I found 1/4" for 3.85 a box of 50 and shipping was 3.69, but I wanted something bigger. It was a speaker builder site if anyone is interested . Also thought it strange that rock climbers use these things to make tools of their trade! Lots of searches went to climbing supply places.
At this time, McMaster-Carr definately has the best prices. As Ken said, 50 6 prong for 6.75, and I found the hex socket set screws there for 6.47 per 25. That makes the order under 20 bucks plus shipping.
Ken, why would they stop and do shipping on the phone if they won't do it by e-mail anymore? They need to put a shipping estimator on the website and be done with it!!
Now, do i need some more band clamps while I'm at it?......Jim.
Thanks for all the help! Jim.

Jim, I have not called them about shipping costs, but some where my rusty mind says that I read about getting shipping costs over the phone. The nice thing about M&C is that I can get all my 'esoteric' needs at one place and have a good selection to choose from while I am ordering.

When I was plumbing the shop for air I ordered my valves and filters from them. I also ordered the high strength solder and liquid flux from them. It is nice to have a good catalog to search instead of a clerk that looks at you like your are a space alien when you ask about a valve for a drip line.

Another good supply company is MSC industrial supply Co. They are based in Chicago, but have branches around the country including Dallas. The only criticism I have is that I think their catalog is hard to navigate, at least more so than M&C.

Good Luck, and happy saw dust.:wave:

Thanks again for all the help. I just placed the order with McMaster-Carr, for the tee nuts and a dozen adjustable feet for some future portable tool cabinets. We'll see what the shipping comes out too in a couple days. Should ship out Monday according to the site. Under the feedback section for how the order could be made simpler, I requested a shipping estimator on the check out screen. Doubt that it will happen. Have a good Sunday afternoon! Jim.

Thanks again for all the help. I just placed the order with McMaster-Carr, for the tee nuts and a dozen adjustable feet for some future portable tool cabinets. We'll see what the shipping comes out too in a couple days. Should ship out Monday according to the site. Under the feedback section for how the order could be made simpler, I requested a shipping estimator on the check out screen. Doubt that it will happen. Have a good Sunday afternoon! Jim.

UPS and others allow a direct tap into their shipping estimator based on weight, etc. I see several companies moving toward this. I like it for some things. Other folks who ship by zone or dollars are nice for the heavy stuff though.

Ken, somehow your posts are not showing up very quickly for me.

Jim, it thought the only one that said that about me was an old girlfriend. :rofl:

I just tried them, and got the same "out of service" message you got. This is Sunday, and they are probably doing maintenance on their system. It is probably a Windows server. :eek::huh:

Ken, if so, then it's not helping their customers window shop. :rofl:
Ok, so it wasn't that funny.:rolleyes:
The shipping for the 50 pack of tee nuts, and a 12 pack of 3 1/2" adjustable feet was 6.00. Not bad at all. And the shipment should be here tomorrow. No complaints on that type of service! And I should have one extra tee nut for each of the adjustable feet, since the threaded adjuster is the same size and pitch! Jim.