We need a new dishwasher

Allen Bookout

It is time for a new diswasher. We have an older KitchenAid that never cleaned worth a flip so am looking for something better. After a quick search around the internet I see some reports that Bosch make the "Best Diswasher" and the "Best Buy Diswasher" and that Whirlpool makes the "Best Budget Diswasher". I know that Whirlpool makes the KitchenAid so I am a little leary. I really like the few Bosch tools that I have but do not know if this would translate to quality in a dishwasher. Anyone have any personal experience with these products or recommendations?

My mom has a Bosch that works great but they're pricey. LOML has a Kenmore (I believe) with the garbage disposal and all built in. You can (if you wanted to) literally stick plates with dried spaghetti on them in there with a full load and they come out perfect. . . .bizarre. We tried it just to test out what the salesman claimed. I keep waiting for the glaze to come of the china. Both are so quiet you have to be standing right next to them to hear them running; a few feet away and you can't tell they're on.

Alan

We have a Bosch, absolutely love it, have had it in for the past 6 years now. It cleans really really well, we don't rinse much if we are filling it up, for example, after a dinner party. It is a low water usage machine. Best of all, it is quiet! We have an open kitchen and have run it during a dinner party without anyone noticing.

Sears sells and repairs, we had to replace one switch module early in our ownership, it was covered by warranty.

Jay

We have a Bosch, absolutely love it, have had it in for the past 6 years now. It cleans really really well, we don't rinse much if we are filling it up, for example, after a dinner party. It is a low water usage machine. Best of all, it is quiet! We have an open kitchen and have run it during a dinner party without anyone noticing.
Jay

Ditto. Very nice machine and quite. We had ours for over 4 years. Lowe's was carrying them.

Randy

It is time for a new diswasher. We have an older KitchenAid that never cleaned worth a flip so am looking for something better. After a quick search around the internet I see some reports that Bosch make the "Best Diswasher" and the "Best Buy Diswasher" and that Whirlpool makes the "Best Budget Diswasher". I know that Whirlpool makes the KitchenAid so I am a little leary. I really like the few Bosch tools that I have but do not know if this would translate to quality in a dishwasher. Anyone have any personal experience with these products or recommendations?

OH wow

I'm having one of those De ja vue moments. :rolleyes:

Alan

We have a Bosch, absolutely love it, have had it in for the past 6 years now. It cleans really really well, we don't rinse much if we are filling it up, for example, after a dinner party. It is a low water usage machine. Best of all, it is quiet! ...Jay

We've had ours for about three years, and love it. Orders of magnitude quieter than the KitchenAid it replaced. Does a good job, and has been completely trouble free.

A little pricey, but highly recommended!

Thanks a million you guys!!! Bosch it is.

One other possibility could be the Kenmore that Glen Bradley is talking about but I had so much trouble with Sears about twenty years ago that I have not bought anything from them since.

Last edited:
allen, i think you`ve made a good choice.......sorry i`m late to the party, and i don`t own a bosch dishwasher but the only complaints i`ve ever heard about them was the price....and like most good things you only cry once.
tod

I've had the same dishwasher for close to thirty years....

Looks as good today as it did the day I picked it up....

img072.jpg