Went to Mecca

Jay Lock

Hi everyone

Our travels found us in Atlanta on Friday and I looked up Highland Hardware's website.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp

Saw that they had a beginning turning class on Sat and called. The class was full but they couldn't have been more accomodating. A gentleman named Mike called the instructor and they found another lathe and sqeezed me into the class.

I liked it! Did one bowl. Don't have a way to get a pic into my traveling computer right now but will send one when I get a chance.

The store is a wonderful place, and the area is a nice funky blend of shops and restaurants.

I told them about FWW so maybe somebody new will be dropping in!

Jay

Just as a note, Highland Hardware has changed their name to Highland Woodworking. They actually changed the name on the front of the building. They have been a fixture at that store for as long as I can remember, and I am NOT young.

I just looked at D4R jigs on their website. Their website is really looking good. Seems to be a updated somewhat.

Jay, hope you enjoyed their class. I always laugh when I go down to the store. My brother's (Stoney Lamar) picture is up on the wall.

They are really great people. I don't think anyone has any idea how large their internet business is. The store has the old funky hardware store fell that I always love.

And Art, a trip to LV would be on top of my list any day.

uh-oh here goes the calm,polite agreeable jay we`ve all come to know and love.........another spin-crack addict;)
glad you had fun jay!