weekend bench photos

jim capozzi

hi all

i got some shop time in today :) finally ! so i got to play with my new toy 'er tool, i mean tool. so i took a shot or two of my first practice pieces.
so maybe a few dados tommorrow and slide in some plywood bottoms . thanks for looking :D

Attachments

• 1st dovetail boxes.jpg
    1st dovetail boxes.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1st dovetail box sides.jpg
    1st dovetail box sides.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 54
  • D4R 1.jpg
    D4R 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 68
Well, I finished repainting the emmert and did a little work on the top to get closer to installing the aprons.

Cnv0087-1.jpg

Cnv0089.jpg

Cnv0088-1.jpg

I dug out the pieces that I planned on using for the aprons this morning and I think I have a plan. Remaining items on the to-do list, Make/install the aprons; layout/remove material for emmert install; make/layout/install twinscrew; install emmert; fasten top to base; drill dog holes; oil/wax top; Drink a cold beer.

hi bartee

ok so my review is in :D see the other post for that ......but please , stick with the D4R and not the new models that came out .. i dont have any first hand knowledge of them being good or bad .......but for my way of thinking , when you start making something diffrently to cut costs...(aluminum costs have skyrocketed) so leigh has redesigned their way of doing things . the d1600 is no longer available in favor of a newer line of smaller jigs ie. 12 and 18 inches i think . i understand that need to be competitive , but it just makes me very leary. shop carefully ;)

Hey Grizzly, I'm glad you finally got some shop time to play with your new toy..... nice first try. :thumb: and now you're off and running. I see a lot of cool projects in the future with some awesome joints!!! ;)

Forgot to post. Mom's b-day box, coming along.

Attachments

• Working-peg-fit-1-posted.jpg
    Working-peg-fit-1-posted.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: