Small Effecient Shop? Yep!!

I promised you I would give you all a tour of my shop, and after finding a little time today, I was able to come up with something. The Workshop Tour is not long, and I tried to explain stuff as I went along, but hopefully some of the outside-the-box kind of solutions I came up with, might be able to help you get more out of your shop. In any case, here is the link to start the tour. Use the links at the bottom of the page to navigate through the tour.

As always, thanks for your interest in my shop, home and woodlot.

Travis Johnson Shop Tour Link

Travis, thanks for a well put together tour! The organization, the photos, and the descriptions are all well done. I almost feel like I have visited your shop.

I really like the external appearance of the building.

You have many innovations that I have not seen before
(1) The outside feed rollers and long bench are the most notable of these.

(2) I like the drill press tracks. I built a mobile base for mine but it raises the thing higher than I like. I might be able to lower it somewhat if I built a system like yours.

(3) Your many purpose-built racks.​
Lastly, I enjoyed seeing the construction photos.

Nice little shop. I've had a little shop for quite awhile.

I have had the chance to enjoy my cousins snowmobile & they are lots of fun. However I would make a big doghouse for one with a pull out platform think drawer like to store it in. Just pull out the platform lock it in place put the SMB on it & slide it back inside & close the door. For maintenance you could always take it inside where you could work on it.Then I'd take the rest of that building for my shop.

Hi Travis,
A nice shop. You did very well useing space and inovative ways you used to use your machines.
Reg